Rev Limiter and a tune

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
I have a 2003 cobra with a X3 with a tune. I would like to raise my rev limiter. Do I have to have the tune in my x3 and reupload it with the rev limiter modified or can i some how adjust it by just using the handheld without worries of deleting the tune?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I have a 2003 cobra with a X3 with a tune. I would like to raise my rev limiter. Do I have to have the tune in my x3 and reupload it with the rev limiter modified or can i some how adjust it by just using the handheld without worries of deleting the tune?
You will modify the tune and reflash the computer. You are essentially updating what you have.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

decipha

Established Member
when you write your custom tune there should be user adjustable items and the rev limiter is one of them

that is assuming your tuner allowed such, some people do not allow user adjustable options for reasons that escape me

if its the later youll have to either contact your tuner to have them send u an updated tune that either has it changed or allows you to change it which should be the cheapest option $0

or youll have to remove and send your ecu and x3 to efidynotuning to have the tune written to the ecu itself which frees up the xcal so it can be used on a different vehicle or sold $100. If you want your tune modifiable on the xcal then its +$100 more

or youll have to get another tune from someone altogether ~350-550 depending on who you go to

or youll have to get a moates quarterhorse and you can read your tune then make the change yourself with the free custom tuning software, and if you wanted you could spend +$100 and have all of your tune changes made to an sct tune so you can use the x3 if you prefer, $250

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Welp, it must be locked. Won’t let me pull the tunes...I can upload one of the 3 custom tunes made and no options before or after :(

Tuner is really good, but communications in regards to getting the tune modified hasn’t produced the updated tune yet :(

So I may check into that Moates Quarterhorse option. That sounds pretty sweet. That way I can keep my X3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

decipha

Established Member
once you read your custom tune out with the qh you can return the xcal to stock and sell it if you wanted to you wouldn't need it at that point

Users who are viewing this thread