• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Revan Racing at Sebring VIDEO LOADED

Discussion in 'Revan Racing' started by [email protected], Jun 24, 2012.

1. rdsnk46

rdsnk46 Active Member Established Member

I'm not sure if you guys realize the type of driver Van is, he's very versed on the road course. A driver with his skill can rise to the occasion of putting all of the GT500's attributes and short comings to the test and make it all work as the video shows plainly. A good driver feels the car and compensates prior to failure, he did speak of under steer and putting power down, he just drove the wheels off it!

2. Devious_Snake

Devious_Snake PSR Major! Established Member

we all know that bud....we are just being sarcastic because so far everyone ( camaro fans, euro mags, etc) believes the car cant do anything on a road course....we know Van is awesome and drivers like him really make the car shine :beer:

3. BOD89LX

BOD89LX New Member Established Member

Great video and it's nice to see the car doing something other then drag racing.

4. SHELBYSVT20

SHELBYSVT20 Member Established Member

Awesome!!!

VERY, VERY nice! So far, this new '13 Shelby GT500 has far exceeded my expectations in EVERY way imagineable! :-D

Thank you for sharing this awesome video Van! Good luck to you and please keep the updates rolling. :beer:

BTW, I LOVE the color combination of your new BEAST...so BADASS! :rockon:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  5. rdsnk46

I know man, after the "What does it take to go 9's" thread I have a feeling some owners are forgetting the most important part of going fast in a GT500, the driver.

The "Trinity" 2013 GT500 is the best of the best but it will not drive itself. I cant stress the importance of the driver ability here...Van makes it look like a walk in the park.:beer:

Kudos to Van!

6. Ninjak

Ninjak Posting from The Shadow's Established Member

Hold up...wait....Van clearly past by the section that had cones.......what the hell man ! I mean were you not to race around the *CONES* ?? This whole thing smells fishy to me...Yeah it really was Pro race car with the cam on...Everyone knows that a GT500 has issues going around cones in a parking lot....how could it drive on a real track ????

7. thebull

thebull 150 or Bust Established Member

Nice work Van!!! Sure looks like a lot more fun than drag racing.....Those 2 laps equal more time than my last 30 passes...and that was probablt 10 trips to the track..

I guess I know what I'll be doing when I get mine!

8. fangstang

fangstang Well-Known Member Established Member

finally, a real race track video and not a drag strip video.

9. Van@RevanRacing

[email protected] Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

Definitely a 2001 Z06. Danny (driver) is a buddy of mine and I've run with him a number of times.

LOL I detect your sarcasm.......

OFF

Thanks Andy!

Thanks devious!

Thank you and I will keep doing what I'm doing! :rockon:

It might look like a walk in the park but Sebring is a mentally and physically demanding road course. I ran half the day yesterday and I was exhausted last night (I was also instructing which is equally challenging mentally and physically). Concentration, knowing the line, brake points, turn in, apex, track out, throttle, shift and repeat all while listening to what the car is doing and saying and watching the other competitors in front and in the rear view mirror.

OK. I'm busted.

:rockon: Let me know if you want me to instruct! :beer: A great book to read before heading to the road course for your first time. If I get a student before going to the track to read the book they develop faster as competent drivers on a road course. I have read this book over and over multiple times.

Amazon.com: Going Faster! Mastering the Art of Race Driving (9780837602264): Carl Lopez, Danny Sullivan: Books

Thanks again for all the props guys! I love what I do and I am blessed to be able to race at different levels and venues.

:beer:

Van

10. rdsnk46

I want to buy one and go road racing~!

11. Devious_Snake

I agree, having a fast car does not make you fast( unless you believe the GM hype machine or you own a GTR :poke:)

The driver mod is very important, especially on a mustang. A car notorious for being unforgiving when you make a mistake. And the car looked so good at sebring, albeit a track with very uneven surfaces. When I can Im definitely looking into the book Van suggested and I would love to hit the track a few times, to prove my car and I are not one trick ponies...:burnout:

12. rdsnk46

The funny thing about me is I've always wanted to road race but drag racing came natural for me. I know that Sebring is a harsh track and I think Van's GT500 took it in stride! It really makes me want to go a find out if I'd really like it, sadly if I did it would be my demise......LOL!

13. jonesd

jonesd Member Established Member

Its more addicting than drag racing IMO. Also more expensive too...

14. BlackOutUT

BlackOutUT Member Established Member

wow this was awesome! Make me really want to go try it out

15. eagle eye

eagle eye Member Established Member

Watching your video at Sebring really gets my adrenaline pumping. I've done a number of open track events at Watkins Glen and I must say, theres nothing more challenging than a road course.
    Thanks for sharing your track experience with us today.
    When I finally get my Shelby, I will be tracking it at the Glen.
    Oh, by the way. You say you haven't seen a ZL1 on the road yet? I've seen one 3 weeks ago at a car show. It was on loan to a guy that was doing some R&D on the car. The mods made up to that point were 2.55 pulley, TB, 4" cold air, for a net gain of 13 HP. Thats right, 510 hp at the wheels. However, the following day I heard on the news that the shop that was doing the work had a fire consuming the ZL1 and a new CTS-V
    Oh well

16. Van@RevanRacing

Accelerometer Readings after the fast laps

Not bad considering stock suspension, tires and brakes.

17. eagle eye

eagle eye Member Established Member

This may be a dumb question, but what do the numbers actually represent? G-force?

18. Devious_Snake

:thumbsup:

19. bpmurr

bpmurr Well-Known Member Established Member

You mean it pulled more Gs on a racetrack than a Walmart parking lot with cones. Don't let the Camaro5 guys see that!

20. Van@RevanRacing

Correct.