EditorTurner

Established Member
0-Revology-1967-Shelby-GT500-Replica-Featured.jpg

Time Machine
Now you can order a Coyote-powered 1967 Shelby GT500 from Revology
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Revology Cars

Classic Mustangs with a Shelby lineage are highly sought after collectibles. As a result, it’s extremely rare to see something like a 1967 Shelby GT500 running down the road. It’s often too valuable to take such a risk. If you could pick up an all-new replica with all the modern conveniences, you could enjoy the car the way it should be appreciated—on the road.

“The original is going to sit in your garage,” Tom Scarpello, president and founder of Revology Cars, said. “You can drive the Revology, anywhere, anytime. It really depends on where your priorities are.”

As regular readers know, Revology starts with new Dynacorn bodies and builds a replica Mustang from the ground up. The company uses an OE-style assembly line process and incorporates upgrades to reduces NVH, improve handling and deliver the kind of driving experience that people have come to expect from their vehicles.

“We carefully integrate modern technology to improve performance, reliability, durability, fuel economy, safety, and comfort while retaining the essential character and style of the original design,” Tom said.

Just because they drive better than the originals doesn’t mean they sacrifice performance, however. Thanks to a thoroughly modern powertrain, the Revology GT500 packs 1.7 times the punch of the original Shelby with its 428-cube V-8.

“The Coyote is a perfect engine for the GT500,” Tom said. “It has it all… Power, torque, and lightweight; smooth, and high-revving. The Coyote is a technological tour de force,” he said. “These are seriously fast cars, but we don’t just build ‘numbers’ cars. Our cars are made to be capable in all conditions. Even crawling along in stop and go traffic in 110 degree heat, you and the car are OK. Combining classic styling, sound, and feel, with modern comfort and reliability, we have produced a very, very special car.”

If you want to own one of these special replicas, you can secure a spot with a refundable $10,000 deposit, but the pricing of the GT500 replica has yet to be announced, though the pricing is said to be similar to the company’s GT350 models, which we recently sampled.

These vehicles will also be built at the company’s Orlando, Florida, facility, so when they finish one, we’ll do our best to get over there and bring you a full report.

1-Revology-1967-Shelby-GT500-Replica.jpg

One of three companies licensed by Shelby American to build authorized reproductions, Revology Cars recently announced its latest replica vehicle—a 1967 Shelby GT500 powered by a Coyote 5.0-liter engine.

39Mustang

Established Member
Who cares about these cars! $150k or more for a FAKE Shelby that never was, you'd have to be a complete uneducated idiot to buy it or a rich athlete or musician or actor who doesn't know better. You can buy the real thing for this price! Fact is these are Restomods with Shelby embems

3.7cyclone

AKA Bananana, 5.0yote
Established Member
I do not think it matters to some people, they want an old school fastback with a modern power plant, I do not have as much an issue over it, the price is the only downside I dont want to spend Shelby money for a non-production Shelby, I understand it but..., as its not a production model item just a small shop churning these out, but there was another shop that was making those Eleanor knock offs and look how well that turned out....

Last edited:

jfsram

Established Member
Who cares about these cars! $150k or more for a FAKE Shelby that never was, you'd have to be a complete uneducated idiot to buy it or a rich athlete or musician or actor who doesn't know better. You can buy the real thing for this price! Fact is these are Restomods with Shelby embems

While I don't have 150g to spend on either a fake or an original some I guess I'm not a uneducated idiot but realistically I'd rather have the fake, especially if it have modern upgrades.
An original is only good for sitting in a museum or collection. Who wants to drive a points ignition, bias ply tire, overgeared car anyways? Cars like that are too valuable to really enjoy and even if it's insured to the max. There is so few left some may call it irreplaceable.
I'll take the old school looks with a Coyote, overdrive, emissions friendly, wide tire monster anytime. I'd enjoy it often too.

cotten

Established Member
If you are going to drive and enjoy a 67 mustang, a modern drivetrain and modern suspension are must haves. Original big block cars drive like a 3 wheeled log wagon.

Raul-7

S-code 1967
Established Member

I'd rather they buy this rather than ruin a perfectly good S-code Mustang to build that hideous Eleanor recreation.

Users who are viewing this thread