Ride quality Boss vs Boss LS

HI RPM

Established Member
DAVESVT2000, Thank you for your help and heads up on the 2012 LS, but I am kinda leaning towards a 2013. I think the 12's are great, but after owning a 12 GT, I would like to mix it up a bit if I can. Plus ,the last five vehicles I have owned where either gray or silver. My current truck is silver as well. Black, red or yellow are my top choices, if I can find clean examples.

HI RPM

Established Member
DAVESVT2000, I hear you about the roads being rough. I live about 30 miles north of Worcester.
Other than rt190/290 and rt 2 (traveling west of me) being pretty good, most other roads could use some attention.

Last edited:

Swine

Established Member
I support the 13 decision. I prefer the 13 redesign and the later stripe profile, plus standard bluetooth sync(even though dated its nice to have hands free phone and music).

Shifting issues are cured almost entirely with a clutch, any aftermarket clutch really, as long as the syncros havent been damaged. Shifter upgrades and bushing are nice for responsiveness and feel but not necessary. Boss's tend to have clutch related lock out issues much more consistently then regular GT's and i experienced this trend with owning two prior 12's that i could rip in stock config and a 13' boss that high rpm lockout on 50% of shifts.

Since i i did a full NA high rpm build i didnt play games and had Calimer build my trans and refresh it, Hyper Single clutch(contact beefcake racing and ask them for best price...holy crap good deal), and a MGW race spec. I snap 8k shifts noooo problemo now.

Grant808

Established Member
Comfort wise the LS struts are only a bit stiffer/harsher than base Boss struts. On the soft side of the adjuster, I think it's softer than the stock Brembo 55D struts. I've had all three on my Brembo GT (currently CorteX) and my Boss is still stock suspension wise.

Good luck with your decision.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
DAVESVT2000, I hear you about the roads being rough. I live about 30 miles north of Worcester.
Other than rt190/290 and rt 2 (traveling west of me) being pretty good, most other roads could use some attention.

You’re up in my neck of the woods.

I sent you a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread