Riding Mowers

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Anyone ever had bad issues out of Toro Zmaster series mowers? Specifically a Z2000? Guy called me today and shot a pretty darn good price that I am thinking about going with......I just know of no one really that owns them.
Toro is a solid machine, it will mow that half acre until you're too old to mow anymore. What engine?

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
It's pretty much all yard lol.....Cheers to living in the middle of nowhere! I do normally cut it at around 4"in long. Especially the parts that are away from the house. Only about 2 acres of it is the actual yard around the house.

I've considered a tractor as well, but I really like the speed of the zero turn and I don't really want to let it get too terribly long again like it was. Haven't completely ruled it out, I just feel like the zero checks the boxes I need and can be used across the board.

You are correct with the time wise. When I've borrowed the 60in turn in the past I can do it all in 3 hours time pretty well....Which is soooo nice vs the 6-7 on regular lawn tractor.
Our last house was 5 acres, all yard. I mowed up around the house on a 60” Gravely ZT and the wide open parts with a JD 670 tractor and a 8’ finish mower. Took a little over 3 hours to do it all including probably 30 mins of weed eating at the end.

Now I have about 1.5 acres of yard and 29 acres of woods. I can knock out the yard on my 60” eXmark ZT in about 45 mins now. Can’t say I miss spending hours and hours a week cutting grass.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I've got a friend that repairs small engines for a living. He said the Kawasaki motors are pretty good, not many known issues. The Kohler engines, on the other hand, have several issues and he wouldn't own one.
Anyone else have experience with this?

Your government is lying to you

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've got a friend that repairs small engines for a living. He said the Kawasaki motors are pretty good, not many known issues. The Kohler engines, on the other hand, have several issues and he wouldn't own one.

I heard the same thing when buying my SCAG a month or two ago.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
I have a Cub Cadet ZT1 54. It has 135 hours on it and it's perfect for the 1.5ish acres I cut. I wish the seat had armrests. I'm looking into a suspension system for the seat. When this one fails I'll buy another one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

Do not buy from a big box store. Don't!
If you ever need to get something repaired or serviced, you will be better served buying from mom and pop. I, purchased from out of town here in Savannah I wanted "less foot traffic" so that my turn around should I need a repair is quicker.

Honestly, if you have mechanical skills, you should be fine.

Deck material and how its made should be considered.

I have a Toro 42" MyRide with 15 hours on it, purchased last year. I mow newer sod. It does not tear it up. I have the Kohler engine. Don't care, parts are more readily available than Kaw stuff. And cheaper.

I installed the MULCH kit and did away with the discharge setup. My lawn looks great and I picked up 5 customers in my neighborhood. After a year, my mower is almost paid for.

I've had no issues. I want to get a Titan series next because .....well, I like durable and over doing stuff

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Lawn, because
IMG_20210724_220259_835.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member

Yes. In post #4 I recommended a Kawasaki for this reason.

I did tons of research when I bought my mower back in 2010, Kawasaki is still the way to go.

Last edited:

90lx

Established Member

I work at a Kubota dealership. Kawasaki by far is better. And carbeurated is far less problems and easier to diagnose than fuel injection.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
Toro is a solid machine, it will mow that half acre until you're too old to mow anymore. What engine?

I mow about 6-7 acres but i believe it does have the Kawi engine. 24hp I think.

It's the HDX version with the my ride suspension too. Which I will welcome with open arms! Damn moles!

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member

I've had a kohler in 2 versions of mowers. These are in the old Craftsman Chassis. Lt1000. Had it for 20 years. Now I have a Lt2000 Kohler pro. Has always fired up. But again, the old kohler engines have not given me any trouble in 24 years. The best thing you can do is, use ethanol free gas. Acre and a half here.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I mow about 6-7 acres but i believe it does have the Kawi engine. 24hp I think.

It's the HDX version with the my ride suspension too. Which I will welcome with open arms! Damn moles!
I maintain about 2 of my 30 acres, I can't imagine cutting any more than I do now.

I need a suspension seat, bad lol. My house was carved out of the woods and i've taken down about 80-90 trees in my yard, so it's far from smooth.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a buddy that has the diesel version. I think he picked it up for the novelty of it.

Users who are viewing this thread