Rivian's slow death has commenced

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Unless ford gained some technology advancement that was a stupid decision to buy.
I totally agree. I was actually shocked they did buy. Also a bit shocked that Amazon bought big, too. Amazon reported a first quarter loss coming mostly from their accounting for a $7.6 billion loss in value of its Rivian stock investment.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Rivian stock plummets as Ford unloads 8 million shares of EV start-up

Shares of Rivian Automotive opened Monday at a new low following a CNBC report that Ford Motor is selling 8 million shares of the electric vehicle start-up.

Rivian’s stock fell 13% to $25 a share, adding to significant losses for the year. Shares of the automaker were trading lower during early trading Monday after closing Friday below $30 for the first time since the company went public through its blockbuster IPO in November. The stock has fallen 72% this year.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
LOL

Mr. Scaringe said the production rate is improving. The plant is currently running single 10-hour shifts two or three days a week, he said. By sometime in the second half of the year, he aims to run two shifts a day, five days a week.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Drove by their factory in Normal, IL a couple weeks ago. It's ****ing huge.
There was a shitload of Amazon vans parked on the north side.

1655173788166.jpeg

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Maybe they wouldn't have gone belly up if their factory was in New Normal, IL

I'll see myself out

^Partly.

My first thought was, "why" would a Rivian factory be built in the middle of Illinois, one of the most corrupt, most expensive, least efficient states in America?

Government money baby, government money.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Electric providers will be peddling remote control shutoffs for battery chargers in the near future with a discount on your electric bill as an incentive just like they do with remotely controlled thermostats…

The power grid just simply will not be able to handle all electric vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
^Partly.

My first thought was, "why" would a Rivian factory be built in the middle of Illinois, one of the most corrupt, most expensive, least efficient states in America?

Government money baby, government money.

Unless they have a new one, they didn't build the factory, they bought a former Mitsubishi plant.

Users who are viewing this thread