RoadKill Nights

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
We attended Roadkill Nights last weekend at the M1 Concourse on Woodward ave.
It was an awesome day of legal street racing, car shows, burnouts and donuts!
Dodge put on a hell of a show out there, can't wait to do it again next year.

Heres a little wrap up video we put together. Enjoy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looked like one hell of a blast. What was the story on that last clip? The black Hellcat did a full fun. THROTL did a full burnout. :confused: Or did it do a full burnout after an issue off the line?

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Looked like one hell of a blast. What was the story on that last clip? The black Hellcat did a full fun. THROTL did a full burnout. :confused: Or did it do a full burnout after an issue off the line?
getting the throtl car to hook was an exercise in futility. The car was making ALL the boost and no matter how much we tried to soften it up down low it was too much torque for that road to hold.
24-25 psi on the stock blower is no joke!

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Great time! Tremec had my Caddy on display.

Ng6sOM2.jpg

q6543

Established Member
I have no idea why they don't just put an 1/8 mile strip on their land and make money every weekend ...especially with Milan closed too now.

andymarkv

Established Member
From the looks of things he was up against a full backhalved "racecar"...so once the tires blew off at the start line...might as well give the fans a show!!

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
From the looks of things he was up against a full backhalved "racecar"...so once the tires blew off at the start line...might as well give the fans a show!!
We politely referred to Alex Taylor’s car as the ProMod. Lol. That thing was serious. It didn’t need more power…but could have handled it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
getting the throtl car to hook was an exercise in futility. The car was making ALL the boost and no matter how much we tried to soften it up down low it was too much torque for that road to hold.
24-25 psi on the stock blower is no joke!
Thanks for the explanation. That totally makes sense. THROTL is a beast! I'd love to see a run on a prepped track.

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member
I have no idea why they don't just put an 1/8 mile strip on their land and make money every weekend ...especially with Milan closed too now.

I have a little insight into as I was contracted to do overnight security there for 3 years. The previous owners didn’t want the drag racer crowd around regularity and definitely didn’t want to alienate any of their highend clientele.

I can’t speak on current ownerships feelings but a few of the things that Brad and Jordan didn’t want like a go cart track and restaurant are now being built.

Another issue is with those projects underway there isn’t any room for a drag strip of any length now.

01silverstang

Established Member
I watched their prep videos for this and based on the testing at strip in CA, I wondered if they might not be better off focusing on grip and launching mods than power. Car was gorgeous, and I'd love to attend one of these years. Probably going to try and make Woodward Dream Cruise in 22'.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I watched their prep videos for this and based on the testing at strip in CA, I wondered if they might not be better off focusing on grip and launching mods than power. Car was gorgeous, and I'd love to attend one of these years. Probably going to try and make Woodward Dream Cruise in 22'.
They were told they had to use a DOT tire. We suggested the ET Street R but of course, good luck finding them. So they got a slightly used set and some Hoosier radials. The ET Street was the obvious choice for Woodward but when 2 of the cars showed up on slicks…one of them on giant Goodyear’s, it was obvious what was gonna happen

Users who are viewing this thread