Rockland standard gear magnum Tranzilla

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Just got back in the states last night. I'm knee deep in my cars ass right now pulling the 32 spline custom t56 and throwing in a rockland standard gear magnum Tranzilla. I'll update this with more info and pics as I progress with the removal and install.

Sorry for the late pics. Got hung up with friends and bullshitting. The install went without a hitch, thankfully. All the removing and reinstalling last time payed off I guess.

image_zps9526559e.jpg

After spending $4000 on a transmission, there was no money for a trans jack. I've used this contraption to pull the old t56 about 8 times, though I don't recommend it. There was quite a leaning curve with it.
image_zps1e8714d7.jpg

A comparison of length vs the custom T56 the Tranzilla is replacing. The Tranzilla was long enough that I needed to get the driveshaft shortened.
image_zpsd84dab37.jpg

I was able to retain the same pivot ball height, the face of the trans has casting differences but is the same dimensionally.
image_zps666798d2.jpg

image_zps11870044.jpg

image_zps800c985f.jpg

I pick up the driveshaft tomorrow and I'll have a report on everything then. So far Rockland Standard Gear gets two thumps up. Great communication, fast shipping, can't say enough good things.

Last edited:

snakeraper11b

Established Member
I've got 17 miles on the trans so far and it already feels great. A fully built T56 feels notchy as hell when it's new, this thing, feels better than the T56 when it was broken in fully. Can't wait to get a couple hundred miles on it and really start bangin gears. I installed a stifflers drive shaft loop as well. Really top notch quality for both companies.

viperstang

Established Member
I am having tranny issues in my car at the moment. I was wondering. Do you have the regular t56 tranzilla or is it a t56 magnum tranzilla. Also what was need to be done in order to install it in the car? What was total cost for this conversation?

snakeraper11b

Established Member
It's the magnum Tranzilla. I didn't do it all at once with this trans. I converted to a T56 a few years ago and did all the upgrades then, so this time around I just put the trans in the car. It was $4700 with shipping and their in house fluid, thing takes 5 quarts even. I have a custom driveshaft $400, mark williams 31 slip yoke $210, MGW shifter $210, QuickTime SFI bellhousing $600, RXT clutch $900, maximum motorsports cable $75, fiore firewall adjuster $50, steeda quick release quadrant $50, adjustable pivot ball $20. So for me, the conversion was a little over $7,200.

The trans is dimemsionally identical to an 03-04 T56. No other changes are necessary if you are already running a T56.

Users who are viewing this thread