Rogaine foam.

boatcop1

Established Member
Anyone have any experience with it? I know it takes patience and you have to be faithful with it. Getting a little light out back so figured i would give it a shot for a few months with maybe some saw palmetto and Progain shampoo. Please share your experience.

cobra_mer

Established Member
When I was a kid I tried to use my dad's rogaine to grow facial hair. LOL needless to say it didn't work. :beer:

cobra_mer

Established Member
Embrace the baldness. That's what I am doing!

This! as soon as my hairline started moving further from my eyebrows I started shaving my head, I let it grow out to about 1/2 inch at most before I shave it again. Save your money, even if it works while using the stuff, the problem is it is not a 100% fix; the results if any are only during your use of the product. So you end up shelling a lot of money.

:beer:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Rogaine didn't work for anybody else in my family so I just started shaving it close.

Just embrace it early so it looks like you shave your head by choice.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I've been going bald since I was 14. Tried rogaine and it didn't work

boatcop1

Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys. I hear ya about shaving it but up front I'm solid, I just have the thining circle in the back. If the front starts to go i will just embrace it and shave it. Just figured I would maybe try it at 15.00 a month it's not going to kill me. Idk maybe I'll just say screw it and let it go. :shrug:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Bald is the in thing these days. Women love bald dudes like Jason Statham, daughtry, Bruce Willis, etc

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I've read where those products are most effective with thinning at the top of your head (as you've said yours is), whereas if you start to have a receding hair line there really isn't anything you can do about it. I'd give it a go if I were you - at $15/month or whatever it is, you aren't really out anything.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
This! as soon as my hairline started moving further from my eyebrows I started shaving my head, I let it grow out to about 1/2 inch at most before I shave it again. Save your money, even if it works while using the stuff, the problem is it is not a 100% fix; the results if any are only during your use of the product. So you end up shelling a lot of money.

:beer:

Rogaine didn't work for anybody else in my family so I just started shaving it close.

Just embrace it early so it looks like you shave your head by choice.

Bald is the in thing these days. Women love bald dudes like Jason Statham, daughtry, Bruce Willis, etc

This...I have the family curse as well, started thinning by the time I was 25...Now I just cut it close, 2-3 on top, no guard on the sides. Funny story, my mom wanted me to try it, told her it was her family genes that screwed me. Her brothers are either bald, or real thin on top. The men on my fathers side have no real hair loss, save for some distant cousins.

Last edited:

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
Used it for a week and I was one of the unfortunate ones that ended up with heart related symptoms.

Embracing going bald!

Last edited:

boatcop1

Established Member

Good point

Bald is aerodynamic, and I save a ton on shampoo.

between my daughter, wife and me we probably spend 30.00 a month and that crap now that i think about it! Because of course we all use different stuff:dw:

vroom

Established Member
i had a couple instances where i was losing hair in spots, i saw a doctor and got the injections and used the foam with it and it grew back.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Using of the Rogaine. Check.

hangover-ballbuster20090521021847242.jpg

LS2GTO

Established Member
Propecia will work much more effectively than rogaine but its by prescription only and much more expensive ($80 generic per month).

Cost really depends on your insurance, but I pay like 8 bux for a 30 pack of 5mg tablets (which I then split into 4 because you don't need that much on a daily basis).

Anyway, I agree Propecia really works to not only halt any further balding but in combination with a topical solution like minoxidil the results are good.

I've added 2% nizoral shampoo and have see great results, especially in the crown area. I use it almost twice a day so you really have to stick with it.

MNCobra

Established Member
i have had the disappearing ring in the back now since i was 25...its been growing pretty slowly....never used any hair treatment products just said screw it...if get teased or what ever i will just grin and bare it....some day it will all come off....but for now no worries...

Users who are viewing this thread