Roll Race 60-150 MPH Huracan Super Trofeo vs NASCAR Track Attack

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
How does a 454ci cup car not make more than 690hp? Even the 358ci little boys unrestricted make north of 750hp.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
These are not traditional Nascar Cup engines. They're Track Attack custom engines (and cars) designed for track use but are not restricted by Nascar rules. A 454 isn't even allowed in Nascar. Their Chevrolet Performance LSV454 base package (with 6-speed sequential trans) delivers a durable and reliable race package, but there are other powertrain options available.

Read more about these Track Attack race cars. Links....

Here are the engines specs of their R07 and LSX 454 engines.

Screenshot 2023-03-14 110910.png

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
These are not traditional Nascar Cup engines. They're Track Attack custom engines (and cars) designed for track use but are not restricted by Nascar rules. A 454 isn't even allowed in Nascar. Their Chevrolet Performance LSV454 base package (with 6-speed sequential trans) delivers a durable and reliable race package, but there are other powertrain options available.

View attachment 1784682

Bingo, that motor is made to last longer than a weekend.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
@CobraBob and @SID297 are correct.

It's a GM 454 LSX crate motor that has been hopped up by Ilmor Engineering and converted to dry-sump. It made 600 rwhp on a dynojet at 6200 RPM. Redline is 6600 RPM.

A CUP motor goes up to 8800 RPM and requires an exhaustive maintenance program, plus is an insanely expensive option like $50k. Just starting a CUP motor is a chore. You have to use an electric heater to get the oil up to temp and then hand prime the oil pump with a drill, put the belt on, and then you can start it. No problem with a professional team, but a real pain in the ass for a a guy running a few laps during a track day.

Hendrick builds them at the same quality as their competition cars, which is nothing short of amazing.

These are my friends cars. I just did the video editing. I've tagged along to Hendrick Motorsports several times during the build process. If you are near Concord, NC or passing through, I highly recommend touring their facility.

Long video, but you can skip around if you are interested in seeing one small part of their facility.

View attachment 1784682

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
The Lamborghini driver is also a super cool dude. He gave a several first responders and veterans hot laps around Carolina Motorsports Park that were with Track Heroes. Track Heroes mission is to help folks suffering from PTSD.

He also drives the piss out of it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@CobraBob and @SID297 are correct.

It's a GM 454 LSX crate motor that has been hopped up by Ilmor Engineering and converted to dry-sump. It made 600 rwhp on a dynojet at 6200 RPM. Redline is 6600 RPM.

A CUP motor goes up to 8800 RPM and requires an exhaustive maintenance program, plus is an insanely expensive option like $50k. Just starting a CUP motor is a chore. You have to use an electric heater to get the oil up to temp and then hand prime the oil pump with a drill, put the belt on, and then you can start it. No problem with a professional team, but a real pain in the ass for a a guy running a few laps during a track day.

Hendrick builds them at the same quality as their competition cars, which is nothing short of amazing.

These are my friends cars. I just did the video editing. I've tagged along to Hendrick Motorsports several times during the build process. If you are near Concord, NC or passing through, I highly recommend touring their facility.

Long video, but you can skip around if you are interested in seeing one small part of their facility.
Thanks for the additional info, and the video. I'm a Hendrick fan so the video was fun to watch.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
That is a nice looking bulldog, too. He looks ready to kill some pigs.

Users who are viewing this thread