Rosie diner Car

SDW Racing

Established Member
I wondered what happened to my Rosie car! Barely saw any pics of it….based on current sale prices creeping up, I should have kept it!

If I kept it, I had plans of replicating the One Lap of America decals…..even talked to Brock Yates son about their C&D door decals….see the decals in my avatar on the left!

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
Bigger shot for JM
normal_copy-of-cobra4-jpg.1778746

Bill S.

Attachments

• normal_Copy of Cobra4.jpg
    normal_Copy of Cobra4.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 219

SDW Racing

Established Member
Thanks Bill! The pic above was taken at Watkins Glen on that leg of the One Lap tour….

The original owner owned a Lincoln Mercury dealership….he also owned a 93 Cobra R that he raced in SCCA and the 95R was kind of a play toy for him.

Saleenrose

Established Member
I was wanting to put the joker back on car, I always liked that but with no green or purple. It would be a wrap, but if I could get enough of the original pictures as the Rosie Diner cat I would do that. I do have another 95R I can wrap as the joker, they both just sit there,

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I saw that Joker paint job and wondered if you did it, or the previous owner did it. Thanks for clearing that question up. It's different, that's for sure.

Saleenrose

Established Member
All goes back to these are race cars for the street, I have open tracked car, as I have all my cars, but these were all white, waiting for racing livery, a joker themed race car has a appeal. I would change some colors, blue not purple

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
All goes back to these are race cars for the street, I have open tracked car, as I have all my cars, but these were all white, waiting for racing livery, a joker themed race car has a appeal. I would change some colors, blue not purple
Please don't, you have no idea what transpired with the potentially drug induced owner prior to JM. Playing cards under the clear coat, a true nightmare, the wild paint (20-25K worth) over the original paint. I attempted to remove it, layer by layer, but in the end, had no choice but to repaint the exterior of the car back to stock.....I had over 120 hours into the disassembly, paint, and reassembly of the Rosie car....Not 100% concourse, but nice enough to get the car back on the street, show, or the track. I lost money on the job, but it was mine to lose, I just could not leave the car the way it was....To now change it back to "The Joker" would be an abomination. Wrapped or painted, would make no difference...But your money, your car.

Bill S.

PS: Or sell it to me and I'll put it back in it's One Lap of America Livery, as it should be.

Last edited:

SDW Racing

Established Member
Please don't, you have no idea what transpired with the potentially drug induced owner prior to JM. Playing cards under the clear coat, a true nightmare, the wild paint (20-25K worth) over the original paint. I attempted to remove it, layer by layer, but in the end, had no choice but to repaint the exterior of the car back to stock.....I had over 120 hours into the disassembly, paint, and reassembly of the Rosie car....Not 100% concourse, but nice enough to get the car back on the street, show, or the track. I lost money on the job, but it was mine to lose, I just could not leave the car the way it was....To now change it back to "The Joker" would be an abomination. Wrapped or painted, would make no difference...But your money, your car.

Bill S.

PS: Or sell it to me and I'll put it back in it's One Lap of America Livery, as it should be.
I remember those nasty playing cards…..once you extracted them from the body, thick with clear coat, they were sharp and deadly, like Chinese throwing stars! You could have opened a vein with the Queen of Hearts!

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
This is the only shot I have of the playing cards (official size) buried under the clearcoat.

Bill S.

Attachments

• playingcards.jpg
    playingcards.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 62

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Always appreciated the Rosie's car, the Joker not so much. I really wanted to buy it when you sold it but the funds just weren't available.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread