Rough shifting

SVTsamson22

Established Member
clutch sounds like it’s out of adjustment but honestly I didn’t have good experiences with spec clutches. I bought a brand new one that was toasted less than 1k miles later, and I know how to drive so just take that for what it’s worth.
What clutch would you recommend on buying because this crappy spec the previous owner installed.

SVTsamson22

Established Member
I personally love the McLeod rxt I’m on my second one right now. Great drivability and handles a lot of power
Ok thanks if
I personally love the McLeod rxt I’m on my second one right now. Great drivability and handles a lot of power
ok thanks yeah if the aluminum quadrant fixes my problem with the shifting This clutch is still coming out it’s way to noisy compared to McLeod.

SVTsamson22

Established Member
Did you also change the quadrant? When was the last time the fluid was changed?
I changed the fluids and added a firewall adjustment quadrant should be here tomorrow i have the chirping sound coming from the clutch when it’s released still shifting hard could a have a bad throw out bearing ?

SVTsamson22

Established Member
Found out the problem so Thought I’d give a update for the record. took the trans off to my surprise the spline was bent and synchronizers in 2-3 was out 1-2 was hurt I figured the price I payed was to good to be true.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You uncovered the gremlin! Thanks for posting an update revealing what the problem was/is. In due time you'll be experiencing smoother shifting. ;)

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Found out the problem so Thought I’d give a update for the record. took the trans off to my surprise the spline was bent and synchronizers in 2-3 was out 1-2 was hurt I figured the price I payed was to good to be true.

Time for a 26 spline upgrade while you’re at it. Sucks it’s such a “big” problem rather a simple linkage or clutch issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread