Rough Value of a 84 Notch??

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
Hey guys I don't know a ton of details about the car yet but wanted a ballpark value. It is a 84 Notch 5.0 5 speed. I was told it is clean and has no rust/runs and drives. Don't know milage but let's assume it's high, what's the ballpark value?

PC03GT

Established Member
Hey guys I don't know a ton of details about the car yet but wanted a ballpark value. It is a 84 Notch 5.0 5 speed. I was told it is clean and has no rust/runs and drives. Don't know milage but let's assume it's high, what's the ballpark value?
They are less desirable, 7.5 rear end, carburated. I had one when I was young, that car was a turd. If it's clean I'd say maybe 9 or 9,5, but that's just my opinion

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
They are less desirable, 7.5 rear end, carburated. I had one when I was young, that car was a turd. If it's clean I'd say maybe 9 or 9,5, but that's just my opinion
Didn't know they had the 7.5 rear, good to know. I haven't looked at it but the price is cheaper than that so it's worth a look I think. Thanks for reply

MG0h3

Established Member
84 had the improved front fascia that the 85/86 had though.

The performance failures are easy to correct if it’s not a show car.

Can’t remember the HP rating but 85’ was the fastest stock.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

q6543

Established Member
There was a mint sub 90k mile 84 notchback at a dealership here for $8,999... sold after about 2 months.

It was so clean I was daydreaming buying it and swapping my entire drivetrain but realized it's not the time for that kind of project.

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
Thanks for the info! That's about what I was thinking the value was

Users who are viewing this thread