Roush P51 gains 52rwhp with L&M bolt on

91svtbird

Established Member
Amazing max 52HP gain overall on a TVS equipted Roush P51 by just swaping out the stock TB for the L&M. [On a Mustang Dyno]

The car made 532 whp and 466lbs torque with the stock TB. (#2) then after bolting on the L&M and a cool down they did a 2nd run (#1).

Net result was 584 whp and 485lbs of torque. 52whp peak gain (48whp gain at the same rpm).

RoushP51StockTBvsLMTB_0002.jpg

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Whos P51 was it?

What year?

Those must be hugely under rated from the factory!

Now I really want one of those new 2010 Stage 3s or the new stripped down Hammer's which has the motor from the P51

Considering the fact that these cars weigh much less due to its use of a 5 speed and 4.6 aluminum block, they must move the F out!

sharke

Established Member
Dose the fuel seem a little lean or is that just me.( 13.69) Am i reading this wrong.

that number could be a spike from letting off the throttle while it was still logging. No way to tell without looking at the whole curve under WOT.

91svtbird

Established Member
Dose the fuel seem a little lean or is that just me.( 13.69) Am i reading this wrong.

that number could be a spike from letting off the throttle while it was still logging. No way to tell without looking at the whole curve under WOT.

You are correct sharke . Those are peak numbers . The A/F actually ran about 11.69 in WOT. The tune was a Jack Roush tune.

mullens

Established Member
Did you have to tweak your tune for added airflow of the new TB?

Last edited:

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
You are correct sharke . Those are peak numbers . The A/F actually ran about 11.69 in WOT. The tune was a Jack Roush tune.

So your saying that ROUSH makes a tune for that aftermarket TB? I know ROUSH makes some very good (safe) tunes for mustangs, my wife has a roush blown 06GT vert , they did a tune for their (2.73) pully up-grade for her car and the fuel was spot on 11.36 at redline. She also put down 416rwhp on a 3v 4.6.

hydro

Established Member
So your saying that ROUSH makes a tune for that aftermarket TB? I know ROUSH makes some very good (safe) tunes for mustangs, my wife has a roush blown 06GT vert , they did a tune for their (2.73) pully up-grade for her car and the fuel was spot on 11.36 at redline. She also put down 416rwhp on a 3v 4.6.

There is "NO" tune needed for this TB just bolt it on and enjoy the drive.Roush did not provide a tune for the L&M TB it is not necessary.If a stock TB is replaced with the L&M you will be fine.hydro

91svtbird

Established Member

No, the tune that was in the car already from Roush was a normal Roush tune and the car came with the stock TB. All that was done was baseline the car on the dyno then swap TB's and do another dyno run.

Yes Roush does have very safe tune's in their cars. The beauty of the L&M is that there is no need for a custom tune for the TB.

Users who are viewing this thread