Roush rear valence and 13/14 GT 500 axle back

hyelife2

Established Member
Does anyone know if a 13/14 GT 500 axle back will fit on a 13 GT with a Roush rear valence? Thanks. :beer:

Nuar

Established Member
I am willing to bet $50 that it will not fit. Roush square tips are smaller than the double tip from the gt500's.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I recently had my rear bumper off to make the cuts for a Gt500 valance. On the inside of the bumper, Ford has already molded a trace pattern for the cuts/slots of Boss/Gt500 valance. I would wager Roush has used the same pattern to fit their valance. It is probably just a matter of removing the Roush piece and installing the 500 valance..

here is snippet from American Muscle on product application of the Roush Valance

Application. This Roush Rear Valance is designed for use on all 2013-2014 Mustang's including the V6, GT, BOSS and Shelby GT500 models with a Roush catback exhaust system installed.

hyelife2

Established Member
I recently had my rear bumper off to make the cuts for a Gt500 valance. On the inside of the bumper, Ford has already molded a trace pattern for the cuts/slots of Boss/Gt500 valance. I would wager Roush has used the same pattern to fit their valance. It is probably just a matter of removing the Roush piece and installing the 500 valance..

here is snippet from American Muscle on product application of the Roush Valance

Application. This Roush Rear Valance is designed for use on all 2013-2014 Mustang's including the V6, GT, BOSS and Shelby GT500 models with a Roush catback exhaust system installed.

Thanks for the info!

On a side note, anyone interested in a spotless Roush rear valence?

hyelife2

Established Member
haha, cragslist/ebay that sucker :)

That's probably the plan. :beer:

Also, for anyone who's wondering. The GT 500 valence is not a direct swap on a bumper cover that has had a Roush valence on previously. All new provisions need to be made in the factory bumper cover.

Users who are viewing this thread