Roush TVS - I await your arrival!!!

drh_5.0

Established Member
Just purchased "The Beecake Special - Roush Kit" from Terry and the guys @ TBR. Just wanted to say thanks to them for the good customer service. And I am very excited for the kit to arrive, and felt the need to share the news!!! Hope it's soon lol...

Went with:

Roush 2.3L TVS
85mm Pulley
ID1000's injectors
Roush B-A-P
Roush CAI upgrade
Brisk Colder Heat Range Plugs

Along with my LT Headers w/ Hi-Flo Catted Xpipe and Roush Axlebacks this should be a fun car to drive! :) :rockon:Hoping to keep the boost down for now since it's the first S/C car I will have ever owned or driven for that matter.

Question, anybody upgrade your engine oil after boosting? I use Royal Purple 5w 20 now...seen some people go up to 10w 30......What is the best option? Does altitude and weather play an effect on oil choice once boosted?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Amsoil for sure anything else and your short changing yourself. Go to their website register as a preferred customer get everything at a discount price. Membership costs $10 a year!

'14 Shelby

Established Member
You're in CT? What kind of altitude ate you referring to? Weather and altitude would have an effect but you're good you 5 or 10/ 30.
With your set up you should get about 9 lbs

drh_5.0

Established Member
You won't need the bap on that setup. I just run 5,30 amsoil ss in my car
I just got it for couple reasons: 1) It was included in Beef's kit and 2) Spoke to a couple tuners and they said even though it isn't a must, for around 600rwhp...it is a good idea to guarantee you never run lean on WOT.
bap is always a good idea when boosting these cars.
thanks for the business!
Thank you as well. Beef, what do run for oil? Just curious.
Amsoil for sure anything else and your short changing yourself. Go to their website register as a preferred customer get everything at a discount price. Membership costs $10 a year!
Will look into that! Thanks man. Which grade do you use?
You're in CT? What kind of altitude ate you referring to? Weather and altitude would have an effect but you're good you 5 or 10/ 30.
With your set up you should get about 9 lbs
Yea CT, and not really any elevation your right...just curious on how it plays a factor on boost. Now you said good with 5 or 10 /30 sooo I should definitely change from 5w/20 to at least 5w/30 or 10w/30.

Hmmm was hoping for lower boost actually...install a boost gauge soon after as well so I will find out for sure then! But 9 I could probably live with.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
There's a whole 15 page thread dedicated to lubrication, check it out. For the way I use the car 10/30 seemed like the best for me. I don't DD and when I do drive I drive both easy and hard, but never in the winter so 10 was a better for.

Edit: I keep forgetting, congrats! You're gonna love it

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Congrats! Your going to love it!

I just run Mobil 1 5/20 & keep it clean... My data logs show no sign of running lean with 47#'s without a BAP, at least your injectors will be ready for E85 someday.

drh_5.0

Established Member
There's a whole 15 page thread dedicated to lubrication, check it out. For the way I use the car 10/30 seemed like the best for me. I don't DD and when I do drive I drive both easy and hard, but never in the winter so 10 was a better for.
Edit: I keep forgetting, congrats! You're gonna love it
Thank you! Sounds like we have the same driving style! Lol. Both easy and hard throttle here, and I store the car during the winter also...Just found that oil thread. I'm not sure if I really even need to change my oil now due to the fact I have the Boss 302 Oil Cooler installed and I know the 2012's have oil squirters which less thick grades are better for cooling them pistons down...If i changed to thicker oil with the cooler installed I might be asking for trouble seeing as it will make it harder for oil to get to pistons as fast......I'll keep digging up some info!
:beer:
Congrats! Your going to love it!

I just run Mobil 1 5/20 & keep it clean... My data logs show no sign of running lean with 47#'s without a BAP, at least your injectors will be ready for E85 someday.

Thank you! Damn those 47#'s holding up against the 79mm pulley? That is one good tune it sounds like to me! :) I figured if I ever wanted to upgrade down the road the ID's would be my best bet...... I hear boost is addicting! LOL. But if I up the boost I think I am going to go built motor...if my wallet allows it that is.

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
The 79mm is only about a pound more boost then an 85mm. I don't consider this a small pulley... I tried an 82 first & was surprised the it wasn't much faster then an 85 at the track.
Boost is addicting! I'm dreaming of a built motor, E85, & a 69mm pulley! Lol!

Last edited:

scotmach

Established Member
I'm also from CT and in the same situation as you and have been running Amsoil 10W-30 for several years now.

drh_5.0

Established Member
I'm also from CT and in the same situation as you and have been running Amsoil 10W-30 for several years now.
I'm torn between doing that or staying 5w20 or go to 5w30 because i have an aftermarket radiator AND the boss 302 oil cooler...With the 2012 having piston squirters I'm afraid to think of an oil (plus the oil cooler doing its job) will cause problems. I asked UnleashedBeast on the UOA thread, waiting for his response.
we typically run royal purple
That is who I would like to stick with...or maybe go to AMSoil. But im curious what grade do you use and is it racing oil?
The 79mm is only about a pound more boost then an 85mm. I don't consider this a small pulley... I tried an 82 first & was surprised the it wasn't much faster then an 85 at the track.
Boost is addicting! I'm dreaming of a built motor, E85, & a 69mm pulley! Lol!
Now THAT sounds like fun! Haha...burn a hole in your pocket but at least you would have a basically bulletproof 8 or 9 second car!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread