rr2.60 pulleys are in wohoooooooo

wuplash

Established Member
well i received my rr2.60 pulleys and lathed snout a few min ago and they look awesome :rockon:

i don't have pics yet because i will be polishing them first,hopefully i can post some pics of them later this week depending on how long my local guy takes to polish them up for me:burnout:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Wow! 2.6. Where will it end? You'll have to let us know if the 2.6 overspins the supercharger too much. What does the lathed snout do?

trey193

Established Member
Glad U received them Jim, hopefully we can get it all on for WFC 7 . I am anxious to see how much more boost U make with it.

99svtlightning

Established Member
I was running a 2.8 upper and 5lb lower. I removed the 2.8 upper today and reinstalled the stock upper, leaving just the 5lb lower. I was seeing 18psi or so with the 2.8 and 5lb lower. The car would pull hard down low, but it wasn't making much mph. Im seeing about 13-14psi now and the car feels much better above 4k. Hopefully I'll test it at the track this weekend.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Wow a 2.60? Thats over 1" smaller then the stock pulley! It has to be pushing the blower past the limits, we need pics and a dyno:)

Last edited:

Swervedriver

Established Member
Originally posted by flyn high again
Wow! 2.6. Where will it end? You'll have to let us know if the 2.6 overspins the supercharger too much. What does the lathed snout do?

Allows a pulley that small to fit! lol

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Numerically, going from like a 2.8 to a 2.6 doesn't seem that big of a difference, physically. But when you're talking about spinning a blower which requires a temendous amount of torque to spin on the upper RPMs, that little difference may be bigger than what we'd like to think.

I can just see wuplash going down the highway making a few pulls.... "Wheeeeeeee..... whoa what's that burning smell? Must be a slipping a little. No big deal." Makes another pull.... "Wheeeeee..... POP, THUNK, CLUNK, CLUNK... HOLY SHIT! WTF was that?" Stops, gets out of the car to inspect the engine.... "Seems okay... must of hit a possum or something... then again... (takes a 2nd look...) holy crap! Dude, where's my belt?"

Not that it's gonna happen, but just thought I'd make a joke out of it. :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Forbidden Snake
Numerically, going from like a 2.8 to a 2.6 doesn't seem that big of a difference, physically. But when you're talking about spinning a blower which requires a temendous amount of torque to spin on the upper RPMs, that little difference may be bigger than what we'd like to think.

I can just see wuplash going down the highway making a few pulls.... "Wheeeeeeee..... whoa what's that burning smell? Must be a slipping a little. No big deal." Makes another pull.... "Wheeeeee..... POP, THUNK, CLUNK, CLUNK... HOLY SHIT! WTF was that?" Stops, gets out of the car to inspect the engine.... "Seems okay... must of hit a possum or something... then again... (takes a 2nd look...) holy crap! Dude, where's my belt?"

Not that it's gonna happen, but just thought I'd make a joke out of it. :beer:
:lol:

wuplash

Established Member

:lol: :lol: i think everything will be ok about the belt staying on,i measured the lip area on my current rr2.75 vs my new 2.60 and it's the same.just the diameter of my new pulley under the lip area is smaller.i will at first try my gates 745 and see where my tensioner rests,if i'am not happy with the 745 i still have a new gates 740 i can install :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread