RTR deck lid panel

hunt23

Established Member
We can still get them as we are one of 3 dealers left that will offer RTR parts/ serialize them. Right now they are building new ones and their is an order list. They will be filled as they come across.

How does one get on this order list?

blackcoyote13

Established Member
Here's the pic of the OEM rear decklid painted in Satin Black and reinstalled. :)

Satin Rear.jpg

Alexxxdreams

Established Member
Bringing this thread to the future of 2K17 !

So my review unbiased and unpaid. The RTR decklid is a beautiful and sleek piece for the S197 platform. I don't like the faux gas cap ford placed on the rear. I find it tacky. The 13/14 mustangs were 100% better looking in my opinion. I had purchased one broke off the tabs and installed it on my 2012 and loved it. Always still liked the RTR decklid more. Fast forward to last week to my birthday and surprise surprise my girlfriend bought me the RTR decklid ! Woah this thing looks amazing ! Painted has almost zero orange peel at all. Which I thought was really awesome. The light weight design was nice too. I already knew that I had to cut the hump off the trunk was expecting that. Install wasn't bad. The instructions call for a 5 inch hole saw. Which is wrong doesn't cut off all the material so break out the angel grinder boys ! Grind away at the remaining material to finish up the metal work. Pre the surface and install the decklid. Now here are my issues with this. The paint is cheap one pass with a brand new micro fiber and bam swirls. Before you ask yes I did use a detailers spray. So this paint is just really soft. Second gripe! The fitment is off. Doesn't cover the entire trunk and shows on the edges. All and all I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. It's not worth cutting up the trunk for a little poorly made product.

Hope this helps someone else in their choice of purchasing this. Since said website that carries these censors their reviews.

Chino11

Established Member
Bringing this thread to the future of 2K17 !

So my review unbiased and unpaid. The RTR decklid is a beautiful and sleek piece for the S197 platform. I don't like the faux gas cap ford placed on the rear. I find it tacky. The 13/14 mustangs were 100% better looking in my opinion. I had purchased one broke off the tabs and installed it on my 2012 and loved it. Always still liked the RTR decklid more. Fast forward to last week to my birthday and surprise surprise my girlfriend bought me the RTR decklid ! Woah this thing looks amazing ! Painted has almost zero orange peel at all. Which I thought was really awesome. The light weight design was nice too. I already knew that I had to cut the hump off the trunk was expecting that. Install wasn't bad. The instructions call for a 5 inch hole saw. Which is wrong doesn't cut off all the material so break out the angel grinder boys ! Grind away at the remaining material to finish up the metal work. Pre the surface and install the decklid. Now here are my issues with this. The paint is cheap one pass with a brand new micro fiber and bam swirls. Before you ask yes I did use a detailers spray. So this paint is just really soft. Second gripe! The fitment is off. Doesn't cover the entire trunk and shows on the edges. All and all I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. It's not worth cutting up the trunk for a little poorly made product.

Hope this helps someone else in their choice of purchasing this. Since said website that carries these censors their reviews.

Yes pics would be fantastic if at all possible. I was looking into this to get rid of the faux gas cap and clean up the rear. And the pics that I can find always seem to be at just the right angle to miss the bad things about this decklid panel. This might change my mind...

Alexxxdreams

Established Member
Yes pics would be fantastic if at all possible. I was looking into this to get rid of the faux gas cap and clean up the rear. And the pics that I can find always seem to be at just the right angle to miss the bad things about this decklid panel. This might change my mind...

Yes of course I could try and get some photos! Yeah don't believe anything that's on "said website". They do censor there reviews hense why 99.99 percent of everything on the website is positive. Which is miss leading and I for 1 am
Not to fond of that. Sucks you order something expecting one result and what you get is nothing compared what was promised.

Vert

Established Member
I am happy with mine but I didn't get it paint matched since it wasn't offered at the time. Lining it up is a bitch though since you have to take your time to get the upper and lower trunks body lines lined up. I can post up a pic, I just need to resize it.

Users who are viewing this thread