Rumor: 7.0L N/A V8 in new GT500

SVTPete83

Established Member
I don’t think the Raptor will get a 7.0 at all. But just to counter your point. The 6.2 started life as a truck engine as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

snakecharmer

Established Member
I REALLY want one of the new Raptors, so my fingers are crossed Ford comes to their senses and offers this new engine in it. If they do, my checkbook is open. If the don't, then my money will go elsewhere.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The talk of 7.0’s being to heavy is pretty laughable when the suggested alternative is electric.

An ls7 weighs less than a terminator mill or even an aluminum gt500 by hundreds of lbs.

Put 4v heads on a reworked aluminum 7.0L and your talking about a 525-550lbs engine tops. It could be done under 500lbs.

For comparison, An ls9 or Lsa weighs over 550lbs if I recall correct. Gt500 mills are 600-740lbs. (Alum 5.4 and 5.8 to iron 5.4) and 03 cobra mills were 640lbs.

A coyote touches 430lbs, and the voodoo 5.2 falls in around 415 lbs.

An electric battery pack/system/charging setup is 2500lbs in a Tesla for comparison, and 500lbs+ in a coeniggseg.

That all said, I think it would be awesome but very unlikely to see a boss 429 mustang again. That said, cylinder deactivation with 4 cylinder idling and eco cycles under partial load, (fully defeatable by command) direct injection and variable valve timing could have a chance of getting it to pull ~3.5L v6 fuel economy numbers of ~20 city, 30 highway. Nissan and Honda ~ 3.5 v6’s are getting 33-35mpg highway. Lop 10% off for the extra moving pistons’ drag, maybe add 2-3% for very high compression, etc.

The electric push is UN takeover garbage. To generate and store, then transfer the Electrical power needed to move a 3000-6000lbs vehicle 50-25 miles requires more emissions and pollution than burning a gallon of gas requires. Thanks to the catalytic converter, and the general efficiency of modern combustion engines, there is no need for this electric crap.

They killed the vw diesel because it was better than the electrical setups could deliver on true emission performance per mile, dieselgate sneak tune and all.

The guy going to jail for 7 Year’s from vw knowingly hid that the diesels were fractionally less efficient than advertised. Imagine being jailed for fudging performance numbers at your job by 1.3%.... so ridiculous. Meanwhile takata airbags killed people, no jail time for anyone. If you want to see corruption, investigate the cool loving caring globalists at the UN. They are the best people for the planet. Buy their electric cars, trust them. They have your best interest at mind.

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
"Federal prosecutors brought criminal charges against three Takata executives and fined the Japanese auto-parts maker $1 billion on Friday for concealing information about faulty air bags, leading to the deaths of several motorists and prompting the largest safety recall in U.S. history."

Not so sure that no one is going to jail from Takata. I do not think that is settled yet. Still, the argument that someone else did something illegal too (or worse) is not likely to prevail in a court of law.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The argument that leftists think the law matters and will be upheld is hapless.

Kate stinelys killer is free and clear after committing at the least man slaughter. He shot her with a gun. The defense was that he didn’t know what the gun was and that he thought she was a seal and that he just had no clue. He’d also been deported 6 other times.

I point that out because leftists think the law matters. News flash, when the UN wants a new direction, the law gets overlooked.

The vw exec will see far more jail time than anybody in the Takata case. The UN doesn’t care if people are dying, they are eugenicists. What they care to fight about is people maintaining their nations and not being pressured into their mob rule and confiscation of assets, productivity and capital.

And the takata trials will likely be stuck in litigation indefinitely.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The argument wasn’t hey 1 wrong out weighs the other. The statement was the prosecution of a guy who barely did anything criminally minded is being brought to the extremes while people concealing and accomplicing murder are being treated like innocent observers. If the UN wants to press an issue, it does so. They are the modern tyrants/nazi’s.

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
While I would prefer the 6.2 based DOHC variant and I am disappointed in Fords persistence on hamstringing us with tiny engines I do appreciate the 5.2L supercharged hybrid effort. But no sooner do I talk myself into appreciating what Ford has done I see Chevy has already upped the game:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...ompression-twincharged-hybrid-powertrain.html

Cliff Notes:

Chevy's new DOHC 6.2 has a patent for "twin charging" using an electrically driven supercharger for infinitely variable and customization boost from low to high RPM, and a turbocharger for high RPM horsepower. This is combined with a patent on super high compression (11:1 - 16:1) that uses special cam and rocker profiles to bleed off dynamic compression as needed. All of this is augmented by electric motors.

Hmmm, 5.2 anything VS twin charged, high compression, electric enhanced DOHC 427.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Electrically assisted turbochargers are the best going forward. Link the motor linearity to pedal position, much like a cvt relationship, and say goodbye to turbo lag, drivability issues, etc.

I’d go for ~25-50lbs if tiny motors, storage cell, and a heavier duty alternator/battery cell.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Because they apply for a patent doesn't mean it's coming to market any time soon. And with the looks of the Camaro it wouldn't matter to me if it had a turbine engine making 2000 hp. Also, at 700+ hp it's hard enough to hook up on any road on a street tire. I'm no homer either.... if GM made a pony car I liked I'd by it in a heartbeat. I just love sexy high performance cars, and for my eyes Ford just does it better.

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
Because they apply for a patent doesn't mean it's coming to market any time soon.

You get an "A" for optimism.

Electrically assisted turbochargers are the best going forward. Link the motor linearity to pedal position, much like a cvt relationship, and say goodbye to turbo lag, drivability issues, etc.

I’d go for ~25-50lbs if tiny motors, storage cell, and a heavier duty alternator/battery cell.

Yes, the technology they've been working on makes the future of hotrodding look very interesting. Looks like there's no shortage of power potential on the horizon. Check out Tesla's 8 second quarter mile luxury sports car.

Clemson

Established Member
Respectfully disagree. I think its the best looking mustang they've designed. Are you going to tell me the Camaro is good looking? And if Ford 'did' it better when was the last good looking design?
No the camaro is earily similar looking from many angles. The mustang died in my eyes when they went to the euro design with the current iteration. Best looking is the 13/14. And not just because i own one.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
*ahem* dont forget the 10-12 GT500 that started the look. :D

The 7.0 will never find its way into a Mustang unless a Ford partner built one as a one off, or an aftermarket builder makes a special run of them.

Plus, a motor that big would shit all over Fords cafe rating for their car segment. Not going to happen, but that doesnt mean it isnt a very cool idea.

Dusten

Established Member
While I would prefer the 6.2 based DOHC variant and I am disappointed in Fords persistence on hamstringing us with tiny engines I do appreciate the 5.2L supercharged hybrid effort. But no sooner do I talk myself into appreciating what Ford has done I see Chevy has already upped the game:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...ompression-twincharged-hybrid-powertrain.html

Cliff Notes:

Chevy's new DOHC 6.2 has a patent for "twin charging" using an electrically driven supercharger for infinitely variable and customization boost from low to high RPM, and a turbocharger for high RPM horsepower. This is combined with a patent on super high compression (11:1 - 16:1) that uses special cam and rocker profiles to bleed off dynamic compression as needed. All of this is augmented by electric motors.

Hmmm, 5.2 anything VS twin charged, high compression, electric enhanced DOHC 427.
6.2 isn't 427cid

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I like the 13/14 as well it's a beautiful car. I just like the more aggressive look of the s550 especially what they did with the GT350/R, I'm really interested to see the look of the 500. Styling is subjective and it's JMO I was just curious about your opinion. What color is your car?

No the camaro is earily similar looking from many angles. The mustang died in my eyes when they went to the euro design with the current iteration. Best looking is the 13/14. And not just because i own one.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Yes but the 13/14 REALLY nailed that look. The changes to the styling especially in the rear were an amazing improvement.

*ahem* dont forget the 10-12 GT500 that started the look. :D

The 7.0 will never find its way into a Mustang unless a Ford partner built one as a one off, or an aftermarket builder makes a special run of them.

Plus, a motor that big would shit all over Fords cafe rating for their car segment. Not going to happen, but that doesnt mean it isnt a very cool idea.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I had a 14 GT and i really loved the tail lights and headlights. I liked the grills and rear bumper cover of the 10-12

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread