Rumor has it...

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Haha, no but it's sitting in my room.

I'm going to get the rails from Manny on Monday, then it's on.

I'm kinda tired out this weekend from diving, golfing, and fixing my GT that broke down.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
That thing is half the size of you. :D Your going to have someone help you drop that beast on right?

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
04sleeper said:
That thing is half the size of you. :D Your going to have someone help you drop that beast on right?

Yup. I'll be there to do the heavy lifting for the little guy. He's helped me out numerous times, time for me to return the favor.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Old blower is off, intake ports are taped off.. now im cleaning the IC and lower intake manifold!

My gaskets were ****ed, need new ones.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
foofinator said:
Old blower is off, intake ports are taped off.. now im cleaning the IC and lower intake manifold!

My gaskets were ****ed, need new ones.
Call Steve @ Tousley Ford. He will send you all the new gaskets for $68 shipped. Thats new intake gaskets, blower gasket, EGR gasket, IAB gasket, TB gasket, and intercooler manifold gasket.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Now I have my chrome valve covers polished.. everything cleaned up..

I need..

I/C Manifold to Lower gasket (figured out what it was when I found it STUCK on the lower manifold, destroyed)
Intake gaskets
egr gasket
I/C Manifold bolts
black silicone sealer..
fuel rails
and the new super small lower pulley so i dont blow my shit sky-high! woopie!

I don't know if I should assemble it all as one big lower intake to blower and then drop it on, or do i piece by piece. any input?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
if you can't count on one hand, the amount of days its been since you benched 225 then do it one piece at a time

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Sounds like fun. We might have to make a trip to ennis sometime for a run. I should have everything running in about about a month. I'm just now about to take everything apart.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
When I did mine I dropped the lower on first and then the blower/intercooler. You can do it all as 1 but I had trouble keeping the wiring harness out of the way by myself so I did them seperate. Peice of cake. :thumbsup:

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
No, if I have to drive for a couple weeks without a hood so be it. My engine bay is the pimpinest part of my car anyway.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
foofinator said:
No, if I have to drive for a couple weeks without a hood so be it. My engine bay is the pimpinest part of my car anyway.

Don't be offended when everyone starts asking you if you are from Garland.

JP Cobra

Sarcasm at its Finest
Established Member
FoofKiller said:
Don't be offended when everyone starts asking you if you are from Garland.

Haha.

Can't wait to see it on foof...I'll be down in august, hopefully Dallas will actually have some weather to get a meet going.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
foofinator said:
Let me know what hood you get. I want a 3" or so Carbon Fiber cowl... I saw one in MMFF and it looked sick.

I drove my 86 for a week or so with no hood when it didn't fit... lots of looks from cops...:D

Users who are viewing this thread