Run in with a Transam

Peter

Established Member
Nice late model Transam with the big nostrils pulls behind me at a light, the last one before the highway. We are side by side on the highway I get down to second, I looked over for a signal from him but he was busy screwing around with the gear he wanted to be in. We hit it and I pulled on him 2 cars off the bat, I think he screwed up. I slowed up to wait for him but he slinked off at the exit ramp. My only guess is that he was shocked at how strong the Mach1 was.

Pete

LSs1Power

Established Member
Nice kill. I think it was an Auto T/A and he couldnt get it to down shift to the gear he wants. That explains the 2 cars lead for u :) I remember racing a MACH 1 when i had only 325rwhp 336rwtq(Lid, and Catback only) we went from 60-155mph and i pulled a good 4 cars on him. We also passed a cop that was facing the other side of the highway, but lucky us he couldnt tell what passed him :D

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by LSs1Power
Nice kill. I think it was an Auto T/A and he couldnt get it to down shift to the gear he wants. That explains the 2 cars lead for u :) I remember racing a MACH 1 when i had only 325rwhp 336rwtq(Lid, and Catback only) we went from 60-155mph and i pulled a good 4 cars on him. We also passed a cop that was facing the other side of the highway, but lucky us he couldnt tell what passed him :D

I wanted to give him another run, but he got off at the exit. You are probably right about it being an automatic.

Pete

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
auto...heh
man do i love manual!
but i still do like the thrust i get from my dad's v6 camry (97) when it downshifts to third on the highway, actually i love it (194 horses - 209 ft/lbs torque)

but thank god for manuals :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread