running aftermarket gauges

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Has anyone retrofitted their dash with all aftermarket Gauges.? I'm talking Speedo, tach, oil pressure, boost, Voltage. if anyone has an idea of how to install of has links to info please share.

In will be running the Ms3Propnp ECU so wondering if this would even be compatible

I am thinking Speed hut gauges with stepper motors not some set of cheapies.

thanks in advance

01yellercobra

Established Member
It would be possible, but I wouldn't use the ms3pnp for that. You'll eat up a lot of outputs to do it.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
My big concern is the factory gauges are not really gauges just idiot lights in disguise. I am old school guy, prefer real gauges. I was ok with factory stuff was ok with the stock engine, but upgrading the engine I would like to upgrade the gauge package too. Could I go with mechanical gauges for the oil pressure, water temp and volt meter to save some outputs on the Ms3pnp?

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I would rather avoid aeroforce stuff to be honest
I don’t believe the OBD2 port is active with the ms3 ECU

01yellercobra

Established Member
Keep the stock gauges and run one of these. It gets all the info through the MS3.

The OBD II is no longer active with the MS3. And you can set up safety systems with the MS3.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Wow that’s pretty impressive! Do you run one? If so how many outputs does it need

The factory gauges can be modified to work like real gauges. They require modification not sure of how difficult but I plan to give it a shot as my gauges were slightly dim last I recall but that was two or three years ago now. Here’s the link…
Although I wouldn’t know if this would work on a ms3pnp though.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
The factory gauges can be modified to work like real gauges. They require modification not sure of how difficult but I plan to give it a shot as my gauges were slightly dim last I recall but that was two or three years ago now. Here’s the link…
Although I wouldn’t know if this would work on a ms3pnp though.

Thanks for the link, I will look into it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Wow that’s pretty impressive! Do you run one? If so how many outputs does it need
Yes I do. It hooks up to the CAN Bus from the MS3 so whatever the MS3 monitors it can show the information. My main screen has the A/F for both banks, IAT and coolant temps. The second one I flip to shows volts, coolant, speed, and flex fuel percentage. I set that one up mainly to watch the ethanol percentage.

Users who are viewing this thread