Running radial and bias-ply tires together

04cobrawhine

Established Member
Would be running a 275/35/18 KDW2 on the front and 16x10 MT ETstreet on the rear. Should be going close to 190 MPH with them. I've heard its a terrible idea to mix the 2 kinds of tires from some, and some guys do it and say no worries. Any input?

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
I would put a biased ply up front as well....the back tires flex on the rim the hard side wall front radials dont so they dont follow each other....I honestly always thought this was b.s. but I almost learned the hard car was all over the place ...

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Yeah, it wobbles on the big end with bias plys on the rear and radials on the front. Some folks don't mind it, but my car was swaying too much on certain runs, so I won't do it again.

fangs99

Established Member
I'm guessing your looking to run texas mile or a 1/2 mile event? But ether way, I'd run a radial front and rear..... MT ET street radial pro is plenty of tire.

Last edited:

04cobrawhine

Established Member
Yea a half mile event. I did 170 last year and I plan on making about 200 rwhp more this year, so hoping for 190ish. I have cobra r brembos on the front so finding a decently priced rim to clear them is my issue for now. I run a M&H 325/40/18 drag radial out back now and it's a little squirmy in 2nd and I'm worried with the extra power, that tire just won't be enough.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread