Rust repair, body work guys please enter, need estimates

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
To start, it is a 1964 Falcon Futura. Everything seems pretty solid from the front seats and forward. There is some rust (a little deeper than surface, not all the way through, but close) behind the front seats. I am inclined to think that it is going to need new floor pans from behind the front seat and back. The bottom of the rear quarters are rusted through, both infront and behind on the bottom (typical of these years). The top of the rear quarter panels are pretty solid from what I could tell. Before I even consider throwing this guy an offer, I need a quick ballpark estimate of how much you guys think this would cost to get patch panels and floor pans welded in. Don't be gentle, send me the "on the high side" price. I don't have the facilities to weld in patch panels and do body work. I've included a few pictures of the entire car and the rust spots. From what I can tell, to be safe, from the trim and down, behind the doors, the rear 1/4's will need to have patch panels welded in.

IMAG0198_zps0ac258fc.jpg

IMAG0199_zps68c15a79.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0265_2_zps306e4c4a.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0267_zpsdb155275.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0264_zpse1b5fc6e.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0263_zps826d1670.jpg

Other than the rust issues the car is great. Motor sounds tight and runs well. Edelbrock 600cfm carb and intake, C4 tranny, 9 inch rear with welded tubes, new shocks and brakes. It runs and drives pretty good will need some work but this is just what I am looking for. Just wish it didn't have the rust issues. The guy is asking $4800 which is a little high but I think he will negotiate.

Last edited:

jbs$

Established Member
It will have far more rust than what you see on the surface. At $4800, I think not.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
That's what I am starting to think... Coronado wasn't nice to this car. I think it would be better off as a candidate for a frame off resto.

Users who are viewing this thread