rwhp with nitrous??

cobra 97

Established Member
Alright I have a 03 cobra with jlt high boost intake KB bap stage 5 steggy ported blower magna flow cat back o/r x pipe think that's it with tune rite now made 503/480 @14# boost ..with a 50 wet shot what do y'all think my new numbers could be??

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
In the 7 years Ive been running nitrous Ive never made a ton more than the pill was suppose to make from a 50 shot to a 125 shot. And as the shot got bigger the extra gains got smaller.

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
Jake is right. I saw nearly no gains from 125-150 or so. But is say you'd make in the low 600's. Now if you add a 4lb lower that's another animal

2004silvercobra

Established Member
It depends on the set up. I saw huge gains with my NX kit, 125 shot when I added a bigger -6 main nitrous feed line I picked up close to 50hp to the wheels. I had a stage 4 Eaton making a little over 500hp and 680hp with the 125 shot. .

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Systems are rated different too. some are at the crank and some are at the rear wheels. But i've always used zex kits and they are rated at the crank. I know i gained 47rwhp and like 80rwtq on a dry 50 shot on my Cobra. But, alot depends on tune or N/A or boosted and so on when it comes to nitrous. SC cars love nitrous. A N/A car probably wouldnt have put that much from a 50 dry shot. I know on a 100 wet shot for my 05GT with mods, it only made 73rwhp but i did make it a tad more rich at WOT.

i do plan on going to a wet 100 shot though for my Cobra when i get back.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
It depends on the set up. I saw huge gains with my NX kit, 125 shot when I added a bigger -6 main nitrous feed line I picked up close to 50hp to the wheels. I had a stage 4 Eaton making a little over 500hp and 680hp with the 125 shot. .

ummm....huh....what does the line have to do with how much the pill lets in? its still only going to squeeze through what it can through that hole. thats why jets have a rating for hp....

2004silvercobra

Established Member
ummm....huh....what does the line have to do with how much the pill lets in? its still only going to squeeze through what it can through that hole. thats why jets have a rating for hp....

The -4 line will tend to freeze on the inside of the line and restrict pressure where the -6 line is big enough to not have it effect psi as much and will allow for a full 1050psi to hit the jet when spraying. Think about when the bottle is at 700psi or 1000psi the difference in power..

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
The -4 line will tend to freeze on the inside of the line and restrict pressure where the -6 line is big enough to not have it effect psi as much and will allow for a full 1050psi to hit the jet when spraying. Think about when the bottle is at 700psi or 1000psi the difference in power..

That doesn't answer the question....nitrous has been around quite a while. If you use a specific jet say a .048, most companies / calculators would call this a "100 shot". Your going to make 70-85rwhp regardless of line size bc the pill only lets approximately 100hp of nitrous through it. Run a -12, its still going to stop at the pill and have 1000psi pushing 100hp through it. Depending what line you used and how you had it routed (bends) then maybe you had a restriction before and the -6 helped you. I've had zero issues with a -4 freezing and bottle pressure barely drops through all the gears.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Do I need a blow line to let pressure out of bottle??

It's a good safety precaution. Leave heater on, bottle in sun and pressure builds up. It will release instead of blowing up and shit get F'ed up when they blow up!

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Not a terminator but I picked up about 200 torque with a 150 shot and about 130hp. Needs a retune but your tq # should be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread