Rxt clutch / Drive line noise

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Hey guys. Just making sure its a normal noise. I was talking to my buddy last night and he said his car does the same thing and its know to be normal. I just got done installing my clutch (300 miles on it) and built rear end (100 miles)

The noise is when I am in 4th gear (1:1) and doing about 40mph or so. Not sure how to describe the sound. Doesn't do it all the time but only happens in 4th gear around the 40mph mark. My buddy said it was just harmonic noise i'm hearing. My car has no rubber bushing so any sound in the car is amplified. It doesnt bother or anything i'm just making sure I didnt mess anything up when I did my clutch swap or bushing in the irs/diff.

Just looking to see if its a common proble

svtrookie

Established Member
It sounds like you are describing the same noise/vibration that my car makes in 4th with the RXT. I basically can't lug the car around in low RPMs in 4th gear or I get the noise/vibration. I have had this clutch in my car since 2009 with no issues. I called Mcleod years back and they told me it's apparently normal. It's still annoying from time to time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread