RXT clutch, stock fywheel and adjustable pivot ball

lx347cid

Established Member
So its time to install the RXT clutch. I'm sending my stock flywheel to McLeod for them to install new heat shield so I can reuse.
Anyhow my question is anyone with this combo using the adjustable pivot ball and was you setting same as stock height or different?
What is the process in adjusting it properly?
Let me know. thanks

Comp04svt

Established Member
I have a thread about half way down the page that outlines how to measure everything for pivot ball length with the RXT. The measurement process is the same regardless of flywheel choice. That is here: https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...adjustment-tips-and-cable-insulation.1159355/

You will not have to shorten the pivot as much as mine because you are using a factory flywheel. I would guess you would be somewhere around 4-6mm shorter than stock. The Fidanza flywheel seems to be "thicker" than the stock flywheel, or others, which therefor requires more of an adjustment than some.

lx347cid

Established Member
awesome I will check it out. I'm going to do the install myself instead of paying a shop. I know with different flywheel thicknesses this issue about pivot ball adjustment has come up many times. I am sticking with the stock quadrant as well.

Comp04svt

Established Member
awesome I will check it out. I'm going to do the install myself instead of paying a shop. I know with different flywheel thicknesses this issue about pivot ball adjustment has come up many times. I am sticking with the stock quadrant as well.

The install isn't hard at all. It may look a little intimidating at first, but it is really straight forward. I would strongly suggest an after market quadrant though so you can get everything dialed in correctly. I'm not sure you will be able to with the stocker. Not really sure if anyone has tried a stock quadrant with the RXT or not.

cobrakyle95

Established Member
I"m about to install a RXT with a Findanza flywheel. Do I need an after maket quadrant?, is that a must? can the stock one work? I have the adjustable pivot ball already. thanks.

Comp04svt

Established Member
I"m about to install a RXT with a Findanza flywheel. Do I need an after maket quadrant?, is that a must? can the stock one work? I have the adjustable pivot ball already. thanks.

I personally would not use the stock quadrant and adjuster. I'm sure the stock quadrant/adjuster has been ran by some people, but I don't have first hand experience with that, and don't know what the success rate would be using it. In theory, by measuring everything and adjusting the pivot ball to make up the difference, you are keeping the same clutch fork geometry, but I personally wouldn't take the chance using the stock stuff.

I look at it this way: 1. You have everything apart, so why not do the whole thing in one shot. And 2. The stock quadrant and adjuster are known to be weak, strip and slip, so why not change out to a stronger more accurate setup.

cj428mach

Established Member
I run the stock quadrant with my DYAD. I dont have any issues. The stock quadrant holds up to stock clutches, twin discs put even less stress on the quadrant.

Users who are viewing this thread