RXT w\ STOCK FLY-Wheel and Throw-Out, or RXT Clutch w\ Mcleod Flywheel and 07-09 tob?

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Have to buy the clutch tommorow as I currently don't have a car to drive, but I wanted to make sure I was ordering the best (and right one.)

It seems as if most people are buying the 07-09 RXT that uses a different throw-out bearing than the 2010+ GT-500, is that one better to go with because of the included fly wheel? I am supposed to replace the TOB anyway right?

Or is it better to go with the RXT that works with the STOCK flywheel and TOB? Only issue there is I need a new STOCK fly-wheel anyway, and I would imagine the Mcleod one is higher quality, and I'd also need a new TOB anyway, as if I recall reading on here you are supposed to replace the throw out bearing each time the clutch is replaced.

Which one should I go with?

Thanks!

Last edited:

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
You should also think about replacing the pilot bearing.
Forgot about that! Thank you! Would suck for that to have a problem in 5-10k and have to re-do the whole job. Speaking of which, what do you all think is the proper labor price-point for the clutch replacement\tob\pilot? Car is currently sitting at Ford in their parking lot.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
How many miles have you put on the car? Your Dealer is doing the install? Did they give you a hard time about installing aftermarket parts? Thanks.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Well, ordered it. BJ was out but Cherry, or Chris? I forget, was in. Apparently for the 2010+ now you don't want the 07-9 Throw-Out Bearing and the 07-09 Mcleod that comes with a flywheel, according to who I talked to it is not as smooth and there is no reason for it, and they just don't recommend it on the 2010+ GT-500.

The newer one apparently has a front plate that attaches to the stock fly-wheel (does not use the fly-wheel as a friction source) so your fly-wheel does not have to be re-surfaced.

Anyway, ordered the newer one for 10-13 GT-500s, and the 10-12 throw-out bearing, I can't find the PILOT bearing so I am assuming FORD will have it.

What sucks is FORD said they would install a new shifter for 10$ labor while the trans is out....but MGW 2nd Gen is an ETA of 2 weeks, which I can't do :(

Does anyone know any shifters that would be in stock that are CLOSE to the MGW 2?

Last edited:

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Doesn't exist. Gen1 is very good, but not close.

Steve

Argh. That sucks I wish MGW made more then. Gonna be an extra 2-300$ later then rather than 10$. Thanks for letting me know. Best time is when a clutch goes out and needs replacement so I'm surprised they don't keep at least a few extras in stock.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Well, ordered it. BJ was out but Cherry, or Chris? I forget, was in. Apparently for the 2010+ now you don't want the 07-9 Throw-Out Bearing and the 07-09 Mcleod that comes with a flywheel, according to who I talked to it is not as smooth and there is no reason for it, and they just don't recommend it on the 2010+ GT-500.

The newer one apparently has a front plate that attaches to the stock fly-wheel (does not use the fly-wheel as a friction source) so your fly-wheel does not have to be re-surfaced.

Anyway, ordered the newer one for 10-13 GT-500s, and the 10-12 throw-out bearing, I can't find the PILOT bearing so I am assuming FORD will have it.

What sucks is FORD said they would install a new shifter for 10$ labor while the trans is out....but MGW 2nd Gen is an ETA of 2 weeks, which I can't do :(

Does anyone know any shifters that would be in stock that are CLOSE to the MGW 2?

Christie....but "Cherry" is now her new nick name. Thanks for that.

Yes, Ford has the pilot.

10+ takes the "M" clutch for the RXT line. Modular.

Just for giggles you can always go with a new slave/TOB and a braided clutch line. Just sayin

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member

Yes, Ford has the pilot.

Just for giggles you can always go with a new slave/TOB and a braided clutch line. Just sayin

Yeah I have no idea why I could have possibly thought it was Cherry LOL. Anyway, yeah I also ordered a new slave\tob. I think I'll have to order the pilot bearing from FORD though, or do you think it's not necessary?

I forgot about the braided clutch line, guess I'll order that now too, trying to get everything before Friday.

nxhappy

Established Member

KR500 short shifter for $100...

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

Yes, Ford has the pilot.

Just to confirm, the 2011-2014 GT500s can use this 6975-07M p/n WITHOUT having to replace to a 07-09 slave/TOB?

Will the flywheel need to be machined or is it a straight bolt in installation?

Users who are viewing this thread