s/c 99 vette vs 03 who wins?

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Ok we have a s/c 99 vette 6 speed running 8# claiming 480whp, tuned, etc. Vs my 03, 12#, exhaust, air filter, drag radials, a wet shot of n2o but only 2 maybe 3# in bottle. What you think my chances are? I put up 25$. Roll @ 40 mph, 2nd gear for me and a dig. The vette has a passenger also say 175#. On a awd dyno mine put down 497whp 560wtq. On just the s/c 381whp. Let me know what you think...First s/c vette ever for me, that's why I'm asking.

wma8706

Established Member
s/c 99 vette should win. Takes nearly an extra 100 rwhp to match or beat the vettes weight advantage. You could probably beat the sc vette in the quarter mile with your power level if your car has a proper drag suspension set up with gears, slicks and weight reduction.

Last edited:

BlackenedSVT

The Clown has it out 4 me
Established Member
Yeah you're both at the same power levels basically. Even with the vettes driver and a passenger I bet hes still below 3500lbs. Your car with you driving I bet is close to 4,000lbs.

I'd say the vette would win, but never underestimate the abilities of a bad driver. So maybe you have a shot :)

TERMIN8U!

Just a little 281ci motor
Established Member
my 03, 12#, exhaust, air filter, drag radials, a wet shot of n2o but only 2 maybe 3# in bottle. On a awd dyno mine put down 497whp 560wtq. On just the s/c 381whp.

Am I reading this right, you made 381rwhp with 12#,exhaust,airfilter?

Anyhow Rob, I think you will take him. I think it might come down to a drivers race and Ive seen your driving skills... I think you should be able to take him

Last edited:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Ill have to agree that the Vette looks better in this race. But the 03 has a very good chance. The higher the speed goes the more the Vette has the advantage. From a dig you will give him a fight.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Am I reading this right, you made 381rwhp with 12#,exhaust,airfilter?

The awd dyno was in rock island, yea that's what it said w 17 deg timing.
A superflow dyno in centerpoint said 448 whp sae w same timing, same everything, no n2o on. Centerpoint..I have no n2o numbers, it burnt the tires off slipping. 17 deg that's my n2o timing btw.

Thanks everyone, thats pretty much what I would think. As it was.. both the roll and the dig I beat him by many cars. It was at night, hard to say how many. First race, the 40 roll I started in 2nd about 3.2k, and had a lead of several cars by 3rd gear. The dig I flat out drove him plus my car pulled away. It was not even close.

All the lsx ppl there and myself scrached our heads. I saw the car again last night and just looking/ hearing/seeing it run seems ok. Idk. I'd estimate his power lot lower.. anyway it was first s/c vette I've came across to actually run.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Fill bottle or don't show up.:thumbsup:

You got that right, put my bottle on the kids scales and thought oh sh-t. 2 to 3# that's it. Threw it in the bathtub w hot water got 950#. I'll give it a shot. Won't be first time I've lost. The lsx ppl wanted 100$, vette guy said for free, we agreed 25$ for gas money. He wanted 35 mph, I said 45 mph wanting 40 mph, we agreed 40 mph. The dig I pulled him hard off the line even w tires spinning a lil, by top of 3rd I kid you not, small lights in the mirror. It worked out.

Devil_Z

Established Member
You got that right, put my bottle on the kids scales and thought oh sh-t. 2 to 3# that's it. Threw it in the bathtub w hot water got 950#. I'll give it a shot. Won't be first time I've lost. The lsx ppl wanted 100$, vette guy said for free, we agreed 25$ for gas money. He wanted 35 mph, I said 45 mph wanting 40 mph, we agreed 40 mph. The dig I pulled him hard off the line even w tires spinning a lil, by top of 3rd I kid you not, small lights in the mirror. It worked out.

Humm...i would guess he probably couldnt drive or was lying about his numbers, but congrats on your win nonetheless

Users who are viewing this thread