S-Trim to SI-TRIM

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
I probably missed it in your thread but how much psi was you getting before you upgraded? I have a brand new CXRacing tube and fin IC i'll sell you. If you think its the cooler. I did alot of research before I bought a IC and never heard anything bad about a CXRacing IC. Except maxing out in high h.p. numbers.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
anyone have suggestions for intercoolers?
For the price and performance the Godspeed Spec V or if you wanna spend $100 or so more a Treadstone..
Either way I'd for sure choose are bar and plate over tube and fin, leave those for the Ricers..

Last edited:

tropicmustang

Established Member
which godspeed intercooler. Im looking for something that will drop into the same place as the cx racing one. I was making about 5 psi because the impeller was messed up from contacting the volute so the blower wasnt really working to its capability. I just should see a lot more boost with a 3.125 pulley and an si trim blower,

Last edited:

THAITED

Established Member
I went for a cheaper one. So you are sure now that it's the cooler that was causing problem. I just don't want to see you waste your money.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
So its between the new treadstone tr-12 intercooler or the god speed one. which one would you guys roll with ?
If I'm not mistaken doesn't that TR-12 have the inlet on the bottom of one side and the outlet on the top of the other like Furionox's car? Will your piping work with that? I might be thinking of another part # Treadstone though:shrug:

tropicmustang

Established Member
the intercooler and the bypass are the two last things possible. im just thinking its more and more the intercooler cause i keep finding people saying how restrictive it was compared to a treadstone or other intercooler. the tr-12 has bout inlets on the bottom. it's there newest intercooler.

red97

Established Member
goodluck with your car bro, my roommate has a built 2v with cams full exhaust and he is waiting to get his v2-sq back from vortech they changed it to the SI as well. I hope you get it running right keep us updated my roommate really wants to know how your car turns out!!
thanks

tropicmustang

Established Member
will do. im heading out for a camping trip so when i get back im gunna order up the new intercooler and see how it goes. i will let you guys know.

tropicmustang

Established Member
Hey guys finally got back from my camping trip. Gunna be ordering up the inter cooler asap. i hurt my back while i was gone so im on disability right now and need to wait for the check so i can order it up. Hopefully i will get better results.

tropicmustang

Established Member
love it very nice piece. i actually figured out that i do not have a cx-racing inter-cooler it looks like my inter-cooler is actually a $70 ebay special. its a delta fin design and i think its just a piece of crap.

THAITED

Established Member
love it very nice piece. i actually figured out that i do not have a cx-racing inter-cooler it looks like my inter-cooler is actually a $70 ebay special. its a delta fin design and i think its just a piece of crap.

That was your problem right there.

tropicmustang

Established Member
Sorry bro no cars been parked. Covered. haven't had the extra funds do order the cooler. I will when i get it all done. If someone wants to give me a cooler it will be done asap.

robvas

Established Member
Digging this up from the dead...going to replace my S-trim with an Si in the next couple weeks, ordered it and it should be here soon.

Users who are viewing this thread