S-Trim to SI-TRIM

tropicmustang

Established Member
I have a mini race vented to the atmosphere. Its leaking at the o ring and its bleeding off a fair amount of boost. I cant figure out how to fix the damn thing. kinda pissing me off.

THAITED

Established Member
I have a mini race vented to the atmosphere. Its leaking at the o ring and its bleeding off a fair amount of boost. I cant figure out how to fix the damn thing. kinda pissing me off.

Call Tony at SuperchargersOnline.com :: Home :: Superchargers and supercharger accessories by Vortech, Paxton, Whipple, ProCharger and much more! tomorrow. He should be able to help. He's pretty helpful guy. Are you using blow through or draw through? If draw through, you need to recycle the air back into the S/C inlet pipe.

tropicmustang

Established Member
nope blow-through setup with HPX meter. venting to the atmosphere. Im just lost because something is always up. I know the blower is good cause i gained 2 psi just from the blower change but its not what it should be at because the bypass.

THAITED

Established Member
nope blow-through setup with HPX meter. venting to the atmosphere. Im just lost because something is always up. I know the blower is good cause i gained 2 psi just from the blower change but its not what it should be at because the bypass.

Hope Tony can help you with the O ring. I don't know how to adjust the BPV so I can't help, sorry.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I just stumbled across this thread.

I read about this in MM&FF as well. I have been wanting to do this on my car. My only hesitation is that I think my motor is already maxed out with the stock rods and crank. Not trying to blow my motor up. currently I am making 426rwhp and 495rwt. The mag picked up something like 45rwhp.

You should have no problem getting the boost #s you want. I see 14lbs now. Not sure what size pulley I have on it, but it is small.

tropicmustang

Established Member
guys making about 7 to 8lbs of boost still. Im pretty sure its just leaking past my bypass. even though i didnt put pressure on the nipple during the boost leak test i think the fat spring should still hold the piston shut and not cause a leak. Anyone got a procharger bypass for sale? for cheap?

tropicmustang

Established Member
Guys tore apart my bypass and my rubber diaphram looks kinda messed up. Trying to upload a pic but cant figure it out. i pressurized the bypass valve and it still leaked. i went and pushed my finger down and it and it somewhat stopped but right when it let off it started leaking again.

THAITED

Established Member
Guys tore apart my bypass and my rubber diaphram looks kinda messed up. Trying to upload a pic but cant figure it out. i pressurized the bypass valve and it still leaked. i went and pushed my finger down and it and it somewhat stopped but right when it let off it started leaking again.

Use photobucket to upload the picture. Can you get a replacement rubber diaphram locally from the auto parts stores? Sometime, they do sell them (Usually I have good luck with Napa and Car Quest). If not, call Vortech directly may be they can help, good luck.

tropicmustang

Established Member
So guys found something very disapointing today. My new upgraded blower is leaking from the snail were it meets the rest of the head unit. Pretty upset right now. Im gunna have to call and bitch at Vortech about this because this is bull s**tt. ill update you tomorrow and see how they handle this as i have spent hundreds and hours trying to figure out whats going on.

Last edited:

THAITED

Established Member
So guys found something very disapointing today. My new upgraded blower is leaking from the snail were it meets the rest of the head unit. Pretty upset right now. Im gunna have to call and bitch at Vortech about this because this is bull s**tt. ill update you tomorrow and see how they handle this as i have spent hundreds and hours trying to figure out whats going on.

That sucks hope you get it fixed soon.

tropicmustang

Established Member
so talked to the tech at vortech and he said that that is normal for them to leak slightly. he said boost isn't being made inside of the housing so he said its nothing to worry about. what would you guys do? do your guys housings leak at all when doing a boost leak test?

THAITED

Established Member
I don't know, if this would have been me, may be a high temp gasket sealer (do it at your own risk, I don't want to suggest the wrong thing here). I don't know why vortech said that really, my friend has a threaded IAT to the pipe and he did not do it right so the boost was leaking. We saw almost 3psi lost of boost with the small leak.

Last edited:

tropicmustang

Established Member
Yea i pulled it off just to seal it up yesterday. Im gunna pressure test it again today and see what its at and see if im leaking anywhere else. i just think at medline it should be pulling more then 8 psi. Could it be my cc racing 3 core intercooler is eating a bunch of boost. its the 31x12x24 intercooler. i thought i was reading somewhere and some people said to go to a four core and it will gain boost.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread