s197 seats into sn95

aloo1

Established Member
06 seats come with tracks. Would it be easier to use the 06 track, bolt it to half in square tube across the front and rear and then weld tabs to that to bolt into the stock location. By doing this I would just need to wire the power and ground connector to the new seat.

Or use the sn95 track that can already plug into the car, and bolt into the car and just drill new holes into the track where the s197 seat bolt holes are. Then take the connecting ends from my old seat and wire it to the new seat to make a plug and play connection?

I haven't moved my 97's seat track in forever and it may not even work or needs to be grease so this may not even been an option to use that track anyways haha.

850SNCobra

Established Member
I'm in the middle of the swap myself. I don't know how to weld, nor did I want to run around trying to find a welder to weld brackets and such. I swapped the S197 seats onto my SN95 tracks. It'll probably be temp until I can get some manual seat sliders for the driver. (Want to save weight)

I did the driver side last week and haven't bothered with the passenger side yet, it was a pretty easy job I'm just kinda lazy especially when it comes to working in this heat. I still need to connect the power as well on the driver side but I want to find a donor SN95 seat connector so that everything simply plugs into eachother.

The donor S197 seat track only moved forward and back and not up and down as that gear was stripped. My Original SN95 tracks only move up and down and have to be adjusted to go forward/back manually lol since I am short and these seats sit much lower I thought it'd make more sense to have at least the up and down function. I was thinking I needed to add a few more spacers in the back too to raise it up just a tad bit more but the past week I haven't had any trouble seeing.

Untitled by

IMG]

Last edited:

aloo1

Established Member
I'm in the middle of the swap myself. I don't know how to weld, nor did I want to run around trying to find a welder to weld brackets and such. I swapped the S197 seats onto my SN95 tracks. It'll probably be temp until I can get some manual seat sliders for the driver. (Want to save weight)

I did the driver side last week and haven't bothered with the passenger side yet, it was a pretty easy job I'm just kinda lazy especially when it comes to working in this heat. I still need to connect the power as well on the driver side but I want to find a donor SN95 seat connector so that everything simply plugs into eachother.

The donor S197 seat track only moved forward and back and not up and down as that gear was stripped. My Original SN95 tracks only move up and down and have to be adjusted to go forward/back manually lol since I am short and these seats sit much lower I thought it'd make more sense to have at least the up and down function. I was thinking I needed to add a few more spacers in the back too to raise it up just a tad bit more but the past week I haven't had any trouble seeing.
IMG]

Oh I hear ya on the working in the south east heat....Kills motivation real fast.
Do you think if you would have used the s197 track, you would need the spacers. Does it only sit lower b/c you used the sn95 track or do the s197 seat and track sit low together. When you used the sn95 track, did you drill new holes into the sn95 track or into the seat frame?

850SNCobra

Established Member
I believe that the seat still would have sat lower with the S197 seat tracks, I didn't do a test fit but from my research these seats overall sit lower than original SN95's for some reason. I could be wrong.

I drilled new holes into the S197 seat frame, I re-used the original holes in my SN95 seat track. Hope this helps

brucesvt

Established Member
I used manual seat racks from a 97 with my 07 gt seats I’ll get you pics tomorrow after work. Sits low but I don’t mind it

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

aloo1

Established Member
I used manual seat racks from a 97 with my 07 gt seats I’ll get you pics tomorrow after work. Sits low but I don’t mind it

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

That would be great, thanks! I'm back and forth about using a manual track on the driver to save weight and simplicity.

850SNCobra

Established Member
Looks great. You use spacers too? If so, you remember how many ?

I gotta find me a 03' center console next.

aloo1

Established Member
Here you go. View attachment 1503026

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

That looks great. Could you adjust the seat to where the front is right under the steering wheel when adjusted to the highest setting and measure the distance between so i'll have an idea of how much lower they sit then my current seats. And I too would like to know if you used a spacer and if so just in rear or the brackets or front too.
Thanks

shurur

Established Member
Really wanting to know whether these seats hold you in around the corners.
The G35 seats, for example, are great considering they are OEM.

I run some cheap APC seats right now..they hold me in..but are so firm..
I dream of sparco R100's for the cobra someday...but the S197 seats sure look great!!

jredline

Established Member
I pulled the tracks off the trashed seats that were in the car and modified them a bit to fit inside of the S197 track so that the seats would bolt right in. It was a tight fit on the drivers side but the end result was worth it:

20180725_053052.jpg

SN95 Track Welded Inside of the S197:
20170701_155024.jpg

Pardon the mess, shes currently torn down for a massive overhaul at the moment.

aloo1

Established Member
I pulled the tracks off the trashed seats that were in the car and modified them a bit to fit inside of the S197 track so that the seats would bolt right in. It was a tight fit on the drivers side but the end result was worth it:

View attachment 1504169

View attachment 1504170

What did you do about the driver side? Or is that the driver side and you used manual tracks for both?

850SNCobra

Established Member

View attachment 1504169

View attachment 1504170

Wow, I like that idea of putting the SN95 manual slider onto the S197's manual tracks. I didn't think about that when I installed my passenger the other day. I just re-used the entire SN95 manual seat slider, had to bend the slider handle down to clear the seat a little other than that it fits pretty good.

Are you guys holding onto your original seats? I don't know what to do with mine...either keep, sell, or junk em.
29762082398_e4acd53a5f_c.jpg

Last edited:

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Wow, I like that idea of putting the SN95 manual slider onto the S197's manual tracks. I didn't think about that when I installed my passenger the other day. I just re-used the entire SN95 manual seat slider, had to bend the slider handle down to clear the seat a little other than that it fits pretty good.

Are you guys holding onto your original seats? I don't know what to do with mine...either keep, sell, or junk em.
View attachment 1504206
If you decide to junk them, let me know. Your seats might be in better shape than mine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jredline

Established Member
What did you do about the driver side? Or is that the driver side and you used manual tracks for both?
I used the S197 power track assembly with the SN95 bracket for the driver's side. She sits a little higher than the passenger due to the hump for the trans tunnel but it's almost negligible.

The passenger side (in the second pic) was manual adjust to begin with so I could set it lower in the SN95 track and keep my tall passengers happy. I still feel a GT500 should of had dual power to begin with but I digress.

I can grab a couple of pics from the drivers side brackets this weekend if you don't make fun of my welds.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jredline

Established Member

View attachment 1504206
I ended up salvaging what parts I could from the seats to build my sister a better set for her GT and then trashing the rest

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread