S2000 vs. 2007 Shelby GT500

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
TEABG said:
Teabg was not at the track, kid has a fever. Good parent as I am stayed with him. :thumbsup:

I remain a pussy and still have not been to the track. I plan to go and it falls apart each time. 3 kids and 2 business will do that.

Klay

Established Member
thomas91169 said:
have ye not seen the AMS Evo?

but yeah, any car can beat any car with enough $$$$.

not like its a big deal. tell him to race from a dig or 1/4 track and youd hear a whole nother story from the kid.

No I haven't and what does that matter? If it isn't faster than the fastest mustang than why bring it up? Evos are cool and all but when talking about straight line acceleration they aren't in the same league as the gt500 or the other cars that were listed in the post you quoted. Therefore, the comparison is still invalid.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
not to compare anything but on street tires or drag radials on the street, awd cars put a hurting on other higher powered rwd cars. atleast for a good distance till the rwd car catches up

I remain a pussy and still have not been to the track. I plan to go and it falls apart each time. 3 kids and 2 business will do that.

ricer excuses... get 'er done. :-D

Quik Z06

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
not to compare anything but on street tires or drag radials on the street, awd cars put a hurting on other higher powered rwd cars. atleast for a good distance till the rwd car catches up

Well assuming the rwd car has enough power to catch up, I know a few Evo guys that would kill a GT500 from any speed or dig, but thats the same as comparing these two (modded vs stock)

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
Orr89rocz said:

ricer excuses... get 'er done. :-D

i am almost offended:-D

i may just rent the track for a week day when business is at a low.

Last edited:

TEABG

Banned
sawman70 said:
i am almost offended:-D

Same here, hopefully we will make it before winter hits! Another TROLL CELL WILL POP UP soon. We need a Dept Of Troll-Land Security............

Last edited:

Sage

Established Member
TEABG said:
Nice Z06, tell me about it. Kind of a coincidence that you and the Keyboard racer S2000 showed up here as members about the same time.

Dude, I've been on this board longer than you have (August 2004). I don't post that much, just usually check out pics and video's.

sawman70: Don't call me Sideways "yes man" just because I believe the car is quick. If you read my posts, I've said time and time again, SOMEBODY go down there from your (being SVTPerformance) camp and check it out for yourselves. Someone other than me, or any of the other "yes men".

Again, I don't blame Sideways for not wanting to drive an hour to get kicked out after one pass.

It's not as if this would be the only thing to do. Have you guys ever been down to Crystal Cove? There are a couple hundred cars there between the show and the parking lot and a HUGE amount of them are exotics. You're not going to go anywhere else where there's a regular abundance of Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Vipers, Porsches, and other exotic cars that are driven in and driven out. Everyone on this board says "man, I wish I could run into one of those". Well chances are that it's there, every Saturday morning. It's worth the trip.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member

there u go, get a bunch of buddies and other ppl willin to go in on the deal and youll get as many passes as you like for a cheap price

Sideways

Faster than you.
Established Member
TEABG said:
Nice Z06, tell me about it. Kind of a coincidence that you and the Keyboard racer S2000 showed up here as members about the same time.

80% of the S2000 I see are rice rockets. The other 10% are hot girls from Cal State Long Beach, the other 10 percent are the pride fest from Belmont Shore. Wonder which category he fits in?

Mine is a rocket. :burnout:

Do you attend CSULB?

Almo

Established Member
Ok, tonight I had a buddy of mine confirm Phil’s numbers… even though we’re on the East Coast… Phil evidently has 452 to the rear wheels. I will not name names and he isn’t on the board but… my buddy stated there is a local that is pushing 420 + to the wheels on 18/19 pounds on a Vortech, biggest thing is, he is still stock with added FI from his Vortech only.

So, I stand corrected with all assumptions to what type of RWHP Phil’s car should and shouldn’t put out. It so happens to be the S2000 can flow a great deal of volume of air from it’s stock head (not to mention) a worked head (Phil’s head). I’ll no longer underestimate Phil’s dyno numbers on the graph he posted and agree he is making 452 to the wheels with what mods he has and has not mentioned!

That said, I would never have thought the 2.2 in the S2000 was capable of achieving such a number from headwork and 13 psi. Either way and now looking from the other side… If I had been running an S2000 pushing 110 RWHP more the night I did, he would have easily kept up with my KB Cobra. Furthermore “some of you know just how quick a KB Cobra can be from a roll with 4.10s” I am not doubting Phil and him claiming the kills he has mentioned.

Lastly and for the record, I never doubted the kills Phil mentioned... I only doubted the numbers he was stating and that reflected back on the cars he had mentioned he had beaten.

Cheers,
Allen

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
sawman70 said:

Least your man enough to say... "hey, haven't gotten mine to the track yet so I'm not going to be a bench racer and say it will run something that others are running just because I have the same mods!" :beer:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
Almo said:
Ok, tonight I had a buddy of mine confirm Phil’s numbers… even though we’re on the East Coast… Phil evidently has 452 to the rear wheels. I will not name names and he isn’t on the board but… my buddy stated there is a local that is pushing 420 + to the wheels on 18/19 pounds on a Vortech, biggest thing is, he is still stock with added FI from his Vortech only.

So, I stand corrected with all assumptions to what type of RWHP Phil’s car should and shouldn’t put out. It so happens to be the S2000 can flow a great deal of volume of air from it’s stock head (not to mention) a worked head (Phil’s head). I’ll no longer underestimate Phil’s dyno numbers on the graph he posted and agree he is making 452 to the wheels with what mods he has and has not mentioned!

That said, I would never have thought the 2.2 in the S2000 was capable of achieving such a number from headwork and 13 psi. Either way and now looking from the other side… If I had been running an S2000 pushing 110 RWHP more the night I did, he would have easily kept up with my KB Cobra. Furthermore “some of you know just how quick a KB Cobra can be from a roll with 4.10s” I am not doubting Phil and him claiming the kills he has mentioned.

Lastly and for the record, I never doubted the kills Phil mentioned... I only doubted the numbers he was stating and that reflected back on the cars he had mentioned he had beaten.

Cheers,
Allen

thats why its best not to call someone out or to say things about a car/motor/mods/etc when your not 100% familar with the car/motor/mods in question. i and others have been guilty in saying things that we thought were right and only to be proved wrong. always give them the benefit of the doubt if your not familar with that area

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
Almo said:
Got news for you, (reiterating) some of us don’t think 10 sec 1/4 mile car is fast any longer. 9 seems to be the benchmark for street cars these days and an 11 sec car (no matter what it might be) is just another quick street car and isn't going to turn many heads, especially here!

10's aren't fast? 9's are the "benchmark" for street cars?

How many people on this board can honestly say that they don't think 10's are fast?

primetime

Established Member
sawman70 said:

sawman, You should try to make it to Smackdown at Norwalk. We rent the track twice a year. The next one is Friday Oct 20th 9am 4pm. You will get as many runs as you want/need. I have made over 30 before. No tech, very good atmoshpere, lots of Mustangs, etc. I posted a link. later Ron

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=831457

Sideways

Faster than you.
Established Member
Almo said:

Cheers,
Allen

Now that you have seen the light, it's only 2 liters. :-D

When I go 2.2 liters it will be 700+ rwhp. :thumbsup:

ZnusNV

Established Member
Almo said:

Cheers,
Allen

Classy post man. :beer:

Sideways

Faster than you.
Established Member
LS1Killer said:
no it wont..... 2.2 sucks....try 4.6:-D
JD_Z28 said:

I'd be embarassed to drive a 4.6 liter with less than 1000 horsepower or a 5.7 liter with less than 1200 horsepower. :lol:

:idea: Why don't you guys build your engines to make some real power? :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread