S2000 vs. 2007 Shelby GT500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
having owned a few performance cars in the past, 97 Cobra, 98 Vette, 02 S2000 and now 03 Cobra, I believe that I can reasonably good compare them..

the S2000 vs Cobra.. it's like a go cart vs a dragster.. the Cobras handle reasonably good, but compared to the S2000, they are definitely behind it..

stuff that's fun in the S2000 (canyon carving, or such with tight corners) isn't the fortea of the heavier domestic cars. They do pretty good, but like the straight aways better..

Do I miss my S2000, sure I do, but I will say that I like the power of the Cobra more than the handling of the S2000.. would I have traded my S2000 in on a GT500, no since IMHO the handling is too far down on it compared to the S2000, where the 03 Cobra with it's IRS is a better handling car than what I feel Ford can do with the solid axle S197 cars..(in the real world, not a smooth as glass track)

Nick85

Banned
Silver2003Cobra said:
having owned a few performance cars in the past, 97 Cobra, 98 Vette, 02 S2000 and now 03 Cobra, I believe that I can reasonably good compare them..

the S2000 vs Cobra.. it's like a go cart vs a dragster.. the Cobras handle reasonably good, but compared to the S2000, they are definitely behind it..

stuff that's fun in the S2000 (canyon carving, or such with tight corners) isn't the fortea of the heavier domestic cars. They do pretty good, but like the straight aways better..

Do I miss my S2000, sure I do, but I will say that I like the power of the Cobra more than the handling of the S2000.. would I have traded my S2000 in on a GT500, no since IMHO the handling is too far down on it compared to the S2000, where the 03 Cobra with it's IRS is a better handling car than what I feel Ford can do with the solid axle S197 cars..(in the real world, not a smooth as glass track)

The Cobra has no where near the handing capability of the S-197. Sorry.

Nick85

Banned
kingCOBRAsvt_99 said:
Hey not everybody can get trap speeds of 80mph in the 1/8th like you can buddy :loser:

That's right not everybody can trap speeds of 80 mph in the 1/8 like I can.

331SC

EGO Sum Deus
Established Member
yboost said:
You have "ONE" performance vehicle in the Ford lineup! WOW! The GT 500 is not a high performance vehicle. It weighs 4000+lbs, cant handle and can barely break 12's with 500hp. That is not what I consider a performance vehicle.

Look at the characteristics of the S2000. Imagine if Honda puts 500hp in a 2700lb vehicle. Say bye bye to C6 and Ford Gt. The S2000 already handles right up there with the best of them. Hell it even out slaloms, out brakes and out perform every category there is besides the 1/4 mile against the Gt500. IMO, this is pathetic!

Do you know how much strain on the chassis 4000lbs is going around a corner. Imagine what the brakes feel like after a couple of laps. If you honestly feel a gt500 has a chance against an S2000, you are sadly mistaken.

Please don't bring the C6 into this. The S2000 is NOTHING compared to the C6. I'm suprised you didn't say how great your supra is because you can run high 13's at 130mph

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
ZnusNV said:
How about this chief...

How about a spirited drive and we post the video up here for SVTP's entertainment.

We already know that we are in the same vicinity. I would be willing to drive the 15 or so minutes to Alexandria. I have a camera man and you can bring a camera man. We can run for a couple of hundred to make it interesting. I would prefer to run for $500.00, but I'll let you negotiate a fair wager.

I know you want to stomp all over my "ghey" S2000 with "no torque." So I'll give you the opportunity. We can run from a roll, a dig...whatever. Best out of 3? No need to discuss mods, but I will say that I have around 4 grand in my car. But as you know well, what will that do for this little high-revving, great handling platform with "no straightline speed capability."

I'm not into talking a bunch of crap. Put your car where your mouth is sweetie.

I'm free tonight.

well my car is up on a lift with the clutch, and all out of it, and i'll be putting it back in on sunday, and i have a 500 mile break in period before i can bash on it, which that 500 miels will be up next weekend, if your interested in a race....

on a closed track of course:burnout:

cory

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
hey, and ill tell you how much boost im running, and whether or not im on the stock internals, if you do the same.

i honestly think this might be a pretty close race, if your running enough boost, considering you weigh 1000# less than me.

cory

eci

Banned
yboost said:
Do you know how much strain on the chassis 4000lbs is going around a corner. Imagine what the brakes feel like after a couple of laps. If you honestly feel a gt500 has a chance against an S2000, you are sadly mistaken.

I don't see why any of this even matters. S2000's are ugly and gay. Why drive an ugly and gay car? I'd rather have a real car.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Wheres the "unsubscribe" button this thread is ridiculous already, how many times can the same thing be said over and over again :rolleyes:

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
kingCOBRAsvt_99 said:
...perhaps you should take a browse over to our Time slip area and take a peek at what 03/04's run with whipples and kb's on their stock bottom end. Im not doubting you beat a GT500 and by no means do I think Cobra's are the ultimate car in every category. Just im not impressed by a heavily modded car racing a bone stock BRAND NEW car where the driver hasnt even had time to learn his car yet.

http://www.maca-online.com/videos/TRBOVNM.wmv

watch the movie. hes bone stock from the throttle body down to the oil pan

I totally agree!!

Sideways, no one is doughting the speed of you car.. 450bhp is awesome for that car.. but it has a turbo.. which is alot of $$$ if that shelby had a turbo, or a 03-04 terminator.. with a turbo.. it would make 700RWHP + period..

you raced a bone stock car.. vs you HEAVILY MODED.. and yes its heavily moded.. when you put a turbo on a car.. thats not your average bolt on..

but hey you beat him.. congrates.

Sideways

Faster than you.
Established Member
combatstang said:
I totally agree!!

Sideways, no one is doughting the speed of you car.. 450bhp is awesome for that car.. but it has a turbo.. which is alot of $$$ if that shelby had a turbo, or a 03-04 terminator.. with a turbo.. it would make 700RWHP + period..

you raced a bone stock car.. vs you HEAVILY MODED.. and yes its heavily moded.. when you put a turbo on a car.. thats not your average bolt on..

but hey you beat him.. congrates.

Thanks.
My S2000 has a Vortech centrifical supercharger and the Shelby has a roots-type supercharger. No turbos in this encounter.

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
Sideways said:
Thanks.
My S2000 has a Vortech centrifical supercharger and the Shelby has a roots-type supercharger. No turbos in this encounter.

I ok, sorry about that..

Factory superchargers are crap, Im sure you know that.. especially an EATON like the shelby has.. probably 8psi at most.

at 13psi.. the shelby would run much stronger..

Im taking it you also have all your basic bolt ons?

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
I think that the Gt500 hasnt broken in yet.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
All Im gonna say is how many 9 second DAILY driven street mustangs are there? I drive a 98 cobra thats in the process of being turbo'd. Power is power, and good power with low weight is even better. Only thing about this argument that is rediculous is how insanely uninformed some of you guys are. Some of you act like 450whp from a honda is something spectacular. Just like with any form of EDUCATED discussion please inform yourselves so it dosen't look like you brought a knife to a gun fight and look like a fool. Thousands of hondas have been making over 450 to the wheels for years. If you seriously interested check out Honda-tech.com, or even better look at Full-race.com. The owner drives his 9 second or better honda everyday. But hell alot of you are more interested on bagging a car that beat a new cobra like thats something crazy but you guys walk a STOCK lambo and its some accomplishment. Much like many of you who measure you man hood with you car, who do you really think is laughing when the lambo owner gets beat, do you really think he cares. No he still believe his car peen is bigger then yours.

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
Cobra04 said:
All Im gonna say is how many 9 second DAILY driven street mustangs are there? I drive a 98 cobra thats in the process of being turbo'd. Power is power, and good power with low weight is even better. Only thing about this argument that is rediculous is how insanely uninformed some of you guys are. Some of you act like 450whp from a honda is something spectacular. Just like with any form of EDUCATED discussion please inform yourselves so it dosen't look like you brought a knife to a gun fight and look like a fool. Thousands of hondas have been making over 450 to the wheels for years. If you seriously interested check out Honda-tech.com, or even better look at Full-race.com. The owner drives his 9 second or better honda everyday. But hell alot of you are more interested on bagging a car that beat a new cobra like thats something crazy but you guys walk a STOCK lambo and its some accomplishment. Much like many of you who measure you man hood with you car, who do you really think is laughing when the lambo owner gets beat, do you really think he cares. No he still believe his car peen is bigger then yours.

very very true.. I agree!!!!

lambo ownder can careless.. why.. cause he still has a lambo.. which has a zillion times more patential.. furthermore... any car can be fast..with $$$ weather its a S2000, a cobra, or a Geo metro.

Klay

Established Member
yboost said:
You have "ONE" performance vehicle in the Ford lineup! WOW! The GT 500 is not a high performance vehicle. It weighs 4000+lbs, cant handle and can barely break 12's with 500hp. That is not what I consider a performance vehicle.

Look at the characteristics of the S2000. Imagine if Honda puts 500hp in a 2700lb vehicle. Say bye bye to C6 and Ford Gt. The S2000 already handles right up there with the best of them. Hell it even out slaloms, out brakes and out perform every category there is besides the 1/4 mile against the Gt500. IMO, this is pathetic!

I think you are pretty much a troll. For one, yes the gt500 can handle (though not as good as the s2000) and can break the 12's quite easily. I can guarentee you Honda cannot put 500 hp in any car because they do not have the engine for it. If they did, they would charge well over 100k for it considering the nsx cost about 80k for about 300 hp lol.

I don't understand why people think they have the right to just talk crap about mustangs and svt products when they are on an svt board. Not everyone on this board has to be an enthusiasts of every car. People come here because they like svt vehicles or like to read about them anyways (such as myself). My point is if you don't like people knocking on your car or other cars you believe should be respected then just leave because people here are not required to like all fast cars that goes to all the trolls trying to tell everyone they should love s2000's).

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
Klay said:
I think you are pretty much a troll. For one, yes the gt500 can handle (though not as good as the s2000) and can break the 12's quite easily. I can guarentee you Honda cannot put 500 hp in any car because they do not have the engine for it. If they did, they would charge well over 100k for it considering the nsx cost about 80k for about 300 hp lol.

You dont really have any room to call ANYONE a troll with your 10 posts. And where the hell did you come up with your logic? Are you trying to say that just because honda doesnt have a 500hp motor, that they are incapable of developing one? :lol1:

I don't understand why people think they have the right to just talk crap about mustangs and svt products when they are on an svt board. Not everyone on this board has to be an enthusiasts of every car. People come here because they like svt vehicles or like to read about them anyways (such as myself). My point is if you don't like people knocking on your car or other cars you believe should be respected then just leave because people here are not required to like all fast cars that goes to all the trolls trying to tell everyone they should love s2000's).

Thanks Dr. Phil :cryying: :cryying:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
SC ZX3 said:
:shrug:

Are you blind as well as stupid?

It makes 400whp at 10psi, 460whp@14psi, and 620+whp at 30psi, with THOSE PARTS! What dont you understand?

I'm not sure how else to put it :??:

Now honestly...how often with that 30psi come into use? Every dyno session?
Every other weekend at the strip?
Even though the amount of power that car is making..I cannot say I am impressed with only 460whp@14psi. Granted I know the s2k doesnt have near the cubes. But its just some turbo loving nothing more :)

Wolverine's turbo mustang
street fire dyno run from june

93 pump gas
12psi
Timing 12 deg
A/R 11.0
Final# 648rwhp 656 torque.

And he is over 1000 horses on 30psi.

Like I said no where near the cubes. but at least everyone should be able to respect the numbers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread