S55 AMG Benz vs. 03 cobra

soccer8888

Tech. Noob
Established Member
Cobras_Rule said:
no it just kills the power to the wheels for about 2-3 full seconds so they stop spinning. :mj:

and DAMN i hate when i forget to turn that off....

and storm...you started out with some good points, but then went downhill. you correctly stated that a manual gives the driver more control over more aspects of the driving experience, however that doesn't mean that treynor is wrong in saying that having an auto allows him to focus on other areas. you also state that its just your opinion that a stick is better and that everyone has one (an opinion), also correct, but then you somehow derive the conclusion that because someone has a different opinion he can't drive? :poke: i don't know either one of you, but judging from pictures, testimonies and site searches, treynor could hand you your ass in a bag regardless of transmission type. your "shots" at his age are merely reflecting upon the point that you're young and out of your league and desperately tryin to play like getting owned on this site isn't something that bothers you. it obviously does, why wouldn't it? anytime someone straight up calls you out and has the proof to back it up, its a huge shot to the ego. i know you won't/can't do it, but man, admit that your argument is flawed now, apologize and be done with it. these guys are way above your level.

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
soccer8888 said:
and DAMN i hate when i forget to turn that off....

and storm...you started out with some good points, but then went downhill. you correctly stated that a manual gives the driver more control over more aspects of the driving experience, however that doesn't mean that treynor is wrong in saying that having an auto allows him to focus on other areas. you also state that its just your opinion that a stick is better and that everyone has one (an opinion), also correct, but then you somehow derive the conclusion that because someone has a different opinion he can't drive? :poke: i don't know either one of you, but judging from pictures, testimonies and site searches, treynor could hand you your ass in a bag regardless of transmission type. your "shots" at his age are merely reflecting upon the point that you're young and out of your league and desperately tryin to play like getting owned on this site isn't something that bothers you. it obviously does, why wouldn't it? anytime someone straight up calls you out and has the proof to back it up, its a huge shot to the ego. i know you won't/can't do it, but man, admit that your argument is flawed now, apologize and be done with it. these guys are way above your level.

Awesome ass-kissing. I wonder if Treynor'll add your name to the list when he brags to his wife about "owning" someone on a website. Because that's normally something that people who own $120,000 cars think about. :rollseyes

soccer8888

Tech. Noob
Established Member
Stormsigma said:
Awesome ass-kissing. I wonder if Treynor'll add your name to the list when he brags to his wife about "owning" someone on a website. Because that's normally something that people who own $120,000 cars think about. :rollseyes

i'm glad to see you addressed the point of my post...

Like i stated earlier, i don't know you. and i don't know him. so i guess if i had the opinion that you were correct, i'd be kissing your ass? doesnt make much sense to me either, now does it? i thought you were arguing the validity of your original points about having an automatic that assists the driver in some aspects? apparently you're too hung up on the fact that his car costs more than yours.... since you're so into the price of his benz, its 60G's more than you said. i figured if you're gonna mope about something, your facts should be straight (for once)

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
soccer8888 said:
i'm glad to see you addressed the point of my post...

Like i stated earlier, i don't know you. and i don't know him. so i guess if i had the opinion that you were correct, i'd be kissing your ass? doesnt make much sense to me either, now does it? i thought you were arguing the validity of your original points about having an automatic that assists the driver in some aspects? apparently you're too hung up on the fact that his car costs more than yours.... since you're so into the price of his benz, its 60G's more than you said. i figured if you're gonna mope about something, your facts should be straight (for once)

Apparently I'm wha...?! What? Are you kidding me? Have I made any statements that lead you to believe as such? About the only time I addressed the price of his car(s) is when I said, that hey, it's great, but it's not something I'd spend my money on. My money goes to many other things. So, thanks for building your entire response about an assumption you just pulled out of your ass.

Man, the idiots on this board are an amazing collection of individuals.

soccer8888

Tech. Noob
Established Member
Stormsigma said:
Apparently I'm wha...?! What? Are you kidding me? Have I made any statements that lead you to believe as such? About the only time I addressed the price of his car(s) is when I said, that hey, it's great, but it's not something I'd spend my money on. My money goes to many other things. So, thanks for building your entire response about an assumption you just pulled out of your ass.

Man, the idiots on this board are an amazing collection of individuals.

again, i'm glad to see you addressed the point of my post. :rollseyes

330racing

SVT Poster Boy
Established Member
Storm: You should have stopped posting when you said you were going to. MOST of the people in this thread are just hanging from Treynor's ball$ (no offense to anyone, but c'mon....go back and read the posts). You will never prove your point, and you obviously aren't allowed to have an opinion,so just drop it.

WolfTracker

Established Member
/OT

^^^ GreatPyr

As in the breed ?. Beautiful yet Stubbon in thier own majestic personality, We have 4 Whites and 1 marked, 2 came from Rescue.

Nice vert by the way.

/OT

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
GreatPyr said:
Sorry for dredging up such an old thread, but can someone explain how this proves anything? It's a photo of two Jim Russell Racing School cars (http://www.russellracing.com/groupadventures/groupadventures.php). Anyone can slap their money down and run laps around the track. I'm guessing that this was a Google team building corporate adventure day, and #18 was the new 17yo mailroom clerk making a smart career decision by giving way to his superior.

I'm not trying to insult you Treynor. From your picture, you look like a nice guy, and for all I know you may be the best driver since...(I don't follow IRL so insert your favorite driver here). I just couldn't believe how quickly this was accepted as absolute proof of your superior racing abilities (it was a little creepy). Like 330racing said, you have quite a little fan club here.

:pop:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
GreatPyr said:
Sorry for dredging up such an old thread, but can someone explain how this proves anything? It's a photo of two Jim Russell Racing School cars (http://www.russellracing.com/groupadventures/groupadventures.php). Anyone can slap their money down and run laps around the track. I'm guessing that this was a Google team building corporate adventure day, and #18 was the new 17yo mailroom clerk making a smart career decision by giving way to his superior.

I'm not trying to insult you Treynor. From your picture, you look like a nice guy, and for all I know you may be the best driver since...(I don't follow IRL so insert your favorite driver here). I just couldn't believe how quickly this was accepted as absolute proof of your superior racing abilities (it was a little creepy). Like 330racing said, you have quite a little fan club here.

Fair enough. The picture doesn't 'prove' a lot, as you correctly point out. It _is_ the case that at the time the picture was taken (2000) Russell reserved those cars for people participating in the second of two 3-day racing schools, rather than the 1-day "adventure" or "street skills" courses.

The original context was a different poster making two claims:
1) Automatics are bad for roadcourses
2) ... "you can't drive" ...

I used the picture to make two basic points:
A) One of the most common mistakes in amature-to-intermediate level racing is failing to brake hard enough to hit your turn-in point. I watched other drivers blow this lap after lap because they were trying to get their car downshifted properly (it's pretty obvious when you're on the track). An automatic, for all its faults, makes it a LOT easier to get the braking and turn-in right.
B) There's evidence I know at least the basics of driving :D

Now, how good am I really? Intermediate, maybe 50th percentile amongst people who regularly race at the amature level. Nowhere near IRL level, to be certain... but then again few people are.

Antagon

Established Member
Theres a BEAUTIFUL Lorinser S65 around here. It's one generation before the current gen, which I believe puts it at 650bhp with the TT V12?

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Antagon said:
Theres a BEAUTIFUL Lorinser S65 around here. It's one generation before the current gen, which I believe puts it at 650bhp with the TT V12?

The x65s can be anywhere from 602 BHP (stock) to 720 BHP (modified) on the stock turbos.

Antagon

Established Member
treynor said:
The x65s can be anywhere from 602 BHP (stock) to 720 BHP (modified) on the stock turbos.

Damn, too bad it looked to be in the 4600lb range!

Where is Menlo Park anyways? I'm down in SoCal, and i'll give your 65 a run with my GN :beer:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Antagon said:
Damn, too bad it looked to be in the 4600lb range!

Where is Menlo Park anyways? I'm down in SoCal, and i'll give your 65 a run with my GN :beer:

Menlo Park is NorCal -- and (heh) I'm familiar with the GNs and what can be done with them. Chris Chow has a nice example :)

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Stormsigma said:
When you're done laughing, consider this. Most people that make decent money can afford a $180,000 car. However, it'd take sacrifices in other areas such as hobbies, living situations, etc. Personally? I wanted the most bang for the buck so I got a Cobra. It's cheap, and fast enough to dust plenty of more expensive cars. And since it's a daily driver, I don't see a need to extensively modify it. Also, I could go into all the things that I DO accomplish with my money, such as my stocks and mutual funds, but let's face it. Your opinion doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things, and so I won't go into such a "defense" because it's unnecessary.

You're attempting to operate on the logically flawed premise that because someone could afford something, but doesn't have it, they're wrong in saying they can afford it. For most(like me), wasting money to be coddled by a sterile driving experience would be pointless when such a sum will buy a decent house where I live. Hmmmm, house, or slushbox luxury barge. I know which one I'd pick. Do you?

Except that he can comfortably buy all the luxury car, then park them in his garage attached to his big house. Try shutting up and stop hating, simply because Treynor is far more sucessful in life than you.

Edit: According to you, we sohuld all sell our cars and buy manual Civics, because a stick owns all, and we shouldn't buy fancy cars and instead put all our money into other things.

Last edited:
I've got your back Treynor. I've been to the Bondurant driving school and I thought I knew plenty about driving until I completed a course there. I LEARNED SO MUCH FROM THE INSTRUCTORS AND HOW TO HANDLE MY VEHICLE. It was worth every penny.

BLUBLLS

Heck I agree with Storm. The 2 Benz's in question are awesome cars! However, like storm I generally like having the satisfaction of rowing through the gears in my PERFORMANCE car! Granted I would happily own auto performance cars like the GN/t-type because that's all they came with. Personally I wouldn't even want an SL65 or something of that nature. I am a die hard muscle car fan, and I would sell the Benz to get something more of my liking and invest the rest.

All Storm was saying is that he prefers actually having control of the entire vehicle rather than the computers pretty much doing it for him. The only mistake he made was saying Treynor can't drive. However, he apologized and admitted he made the mistake of saying that before said "OWNAGE" even occured...

Users who are viewing this thread