Sad day......

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
Well....it pains me to write this, but the end has come for #791/8394 :nonono:

fb39f1d8-fb5d-42cd-a91a-2c34fd1892b9_zpsdc8defaa.jpg

On Saturday, June 29th at 10:20 pm, had a sudden electrical/mechanical issue, which caused me to lose control, and ended up in a ditch hitting a brick wall bending the frame.

null_zpsfbd71355.gif

null_zps83293bed.gif

null_zpsd60410b8.gif

null_zps4afbcb95.gif

null_zpsc641dce3.gif

Just behind the driver's front wheel on the frame itself is where the real carnage is. It hit so hard that the entire driver's side shifted backwards almost 2" while bending the frame under the battery.

Good thing is I was the only person in the car and suffered minor injuries.
I was even allowed to buy back the car from my insurance company and will soon be parting out the entire car. Had a couple of body guys there the day after to confirm the frame was bent beyond repair.
Most of the big parts are spoken for here locally, but there will soon be a FS thread once I go through and access the parts and make sure they are good to sell.

#791 will sure be missed.......:beer:

toomanytoys

Established Member
What caused you to loose control? Was it something other owners should be aware of?

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
I've had (2) episodes where the car spontaneously accelerated which put me in high amounts of boost. I did everything I could to regain control, but car kept accelerating. Even after putting car in neutral, car kept revving......scary!!!
When this happened (3) years ago, I submitted a complaint to FORD, and they said they'll investigate........NADA
Going to be calling them again this up and coming week.
(And yes, I have the recall plate to hold the carpet down behind the go fast pedal)

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
I've had (2) episodes where the car spontaneously accelerated which put me in high amounts of boost. I did everything I could to regain control, but car kept accelerating. Even after putting car in neutral, car kept revving......scary!!!
When this happened (3) years ago, I submitted a complaint to FORD, and they said they'll investigate........NADA
Going to be calling them again this up and coming week.
(And yes, I have the recall plate to hold the carpet down behind the go fast pedal)

You think maybe your throttle body stuck or the throttle positioning sensor could have been an issue?

toomanytoys

Established Member
You think maybe your throttle body stuck or the throttle positioning sensor could have been an issue?

Theres a thought. My wifes 03 Sable likes to accelerate by itself every now and then. Had to change the IAC

Not fun when sitting at a red light and the car suddenly tries to pull through it

b_dike

Established Member
That really sucks man... keep us updated on the cause and what ford has to say if anything. The most important thing is that no one was hurt, but if there is some sort of defect of either oem or aftermarket equipment, then there could be a potential problem for a lot of us.

SNK-BITE

Established Member
Sorry to see that man. I cartwheeled a 2000 GT back in the day, i feel your pain. If those powder coated calipers mad it out ok hit me up and ill take them off your hands. Good luck with ford.

LS1toSVT

Established Member
Sorry man, I know exactly how that feels. Same color, almost identical damage. Glad I bought another one tho, no regrets.

va boy

Established Member
Just wanted to let you know I'm glad your okay most importantly. Secondly, really sorry about your car, it was a really nice, well built specimen. Do you have plans to start on another Terminator, or are you moving on?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A sad ending to your awesome Cobra. But you weren't seriously hurt, and, she will live on as donor parts to other Cobras all over.

fs308

4v noob
Established Member
glad you made it out with only minor injuries. theres always the next one if you decide to go that route.
if worse comes to worse swap it into a gt or a fox

Users who are viewing this thread