Safe for me to take 10w40 to the dealership?

Ablaze

Established Member
I did a lot of searching on the oil recommendations but hadn't seen this question come up. Until I move in August I don't have a place to change the oil myself. I want to head to Ford to get the motor and transmission fluid changed. I know the recommended is 5w50 Motorcraft so when they look that up and see I've brought 10w40 AMSOIL are they going to make some little computer checkmark/notes to try and screw me if I were to ever bring up engine warranty work? I'm 100% stock other than the oil separator.

I do have a local shop that I've brought all my previous vehicles too, mustangs included. Never had any issues with them. Thought taking it to Ford may be 'smarter' this go around so all work is documented but that may be a bit of an oxymoron if I'm not using their oil.

Am I overthinking this?

Zemedici

Established Member
Anywho, at my dealer I cannot see maintenance work done at another dealership, only warranty service. So unless there's some sort of abnormal wear that happens from the ams oil and causes a warranty concern I wouldn't worry about it.

Simply put, I wouldn't worry about it. Ha

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I'm of the opposite opinion since you have a stock car. Take it to the other shop you know just to avoid a possible headache.

Ablaze

Established Member
I'm of the opposite opinion since you have a stock car. Take it to the other shop you know just to avoid a possible headache.

Funny you should say that. I left this thread and subconsciously called my personal shop I always use to make an appointment. I paused a moment to realize what I had done then decided to leave it.

Users who are viewing this thread