Said BYE to the 5.0, hello ST1 ...

2011V6Stang

Established Member
Edit...nevermind...saw your response up a post or two about cold weather plus mostly city driving. Still...12mpg. Ugh.

Yup, 12 mpg was exactly what it was showing the day I traded her in.

Yes, but you only get into trouble driving like an idiot, whether or not one does it faster than another is irrelevant.

Actually, nothing could be further from the truth.

You don't have to "drive like an idiot" to get into trouble fast with a 400+ hp car. That's just plain common sense.

You can spin it however you like, but if you are going fast enough to "get into trouble" your driving like an idiot.

Here, allow me to introduce you to something new. It's called the Law of Physics ...

Seriously though, you are one funny guy. :rolling:

As for the RMM, the E-focus mount seems to have alleviated much of the wheel hop / shift-bang problem ... Do it, you'll be glad you did.

We'll see ... at 50+ years old I never rush into anything.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I made the same move you guys did only 5 years back. Went from a terminator 460/472 whp to a 07 350Z and then to a 08 Turbo SRT4 Caliber. The caliber dynoed 279/265 stock on a mustang dyno. After a few years of tuning ended up with 358/368 on stock turbo and intercooler. Really enjoyed the car for 5 plus years and ran like stink from 60 mph to 125 mph. Actually looked at the Focus ST's and liked them. Went for the big instead and got a new SHO. Good Luck Guys. :)

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Yup, 12 mpg was exactly what it was showing the day I traded her in.

Actually, nothing could be further from the truth.

You don't have to "drive like an idiot" to get into trouble fast with a 400+ hp car. That's just plain common sense.

Here, allow me to introduce you to something new. It's called the Law of Physics ...

Seriously though, you are one funny guy. :rolling:

We'll see ... at 50+ years old I never rush into anything.

Uh, no it isn't. If you are going fast enough to "get into trouble" with the law, then you are not driving responsibly. I daily drove a 600+rwhp car back and forth to work for a year, and never had an issue. It is completely possible to drive a high hp car responsibly, without speeding, and without getting into any kind of trouble. The laws of physics have absolutely NOTHING to do with driving habits.

If you can't stop yourself from laying into the throttle and speeding, then you have a self restraint problem. That's not the cars fault. So like I said, you can justify it to yourself however you like, but the fact of the matter is, if you are worried about getting yourself into trouble, then you are doing things you shouldn't be doing on the street.

You could make the argument that having the power is pointless if you never use it, but you make it sound like the power is forcing you to speed.

Users who are viewing this thread