Saleen Edition Ford GT

1kftlbs

Established Member
My buddy was on the five freeway in traffic next to this Ford GT. All he had was his camera phone so the pics arent that great. It said Saleen on the license plate frame and Steve saleen was driving. My buddy didnt know and I cant tell if it was any different than the regular version.

gt001.jpeg

gt002.jpeg

gt003.jpeg

gt004.jpeg

gt005.jpeg

gt006.jpeg

gt007.jpeg

gt008.jpeg

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
That car was, is, and will be gorgeous but other than Steve Saleen driving it, what makes it a Saleen Edition; just wondering that's all?

-Mike

1kftlbs

Established Member
I have no idea but it said saleen on the back. Maybe its different or maybe he just put it on there because he is steve saleen.

JADITO

Crazy Mofo
Established Member
someone posted pics a few weeks back of a ford gt in a messy garage , same color and stripes , and had said something about the owner wanting to modify it , i dont remember if he mentionned Saleen
could these two threads be linked together somehow???

NOTaSVTstang

I am all that is man!!
Established Member
yeah that thing is sick...didn't they have to recall almost all of the GT's??? I heard that somewhere

SVTforme

Established Member
Well.. technically speaking.. they are all Saleen editions, as the initial assembly and painting of the Ford GT is done at Saleen Specialty Vehicles (SSV) ;-) .

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
SVTforme said:
Well.. technically speaking.. they are all Saleen editions, as the initial assembly and painting of the Ford GT is done at Saleen Specialty Vehicles (SSV) ;-) .

Yup, as a matter of fact i had a slight urge to do a couple years over here so I could save up enough money to buy one. Then i heard Saleen put thier hands on it :kaboom: Arent there like 7 recalls on the GTs?

-Mike

Last edited:

1kftlbs

Established Member
The main recall was the control arms. There were others though - I just cant remember. If anyone wants I can pull them up...

Saleenx5

Established Member
SSV (Saleen Special Vehicles), as mentioned earlier, does indeed assemble the GTs for Ford (they also assembled the prototype '07 Shelby GT500). The recalls were due to the Ford production pieces and not the assembly quality.
That particular car, that is pictured at the beginning of this thread, was on display at the Saleen tent at the Knott's Berry Farm show back in April and is a regular production GT and not some sort of "Saleen" edition (although I am sure they do some "tweaking" here and there).

20cobra03

ya there was with the earlier made ones with their control arms. a friend works here at a local ford and with in the last month there has been 4 in there getting the new stuff put on

SVTDarin

Established Member
geepaw said:
saleen assembles the cars for ford....

Not 100%, they don't put the drivetrain in. I am pretty sure the cars are assembled at Saleen then shipped to Ford for drivetrain instal.

Users who are viewing this thread