SAMCO GT500 Silicon Hose kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
First I would like to thank Ron Willim at Blue Collar Performance for letting me test fit these brand new hoses. I wish I would have been able to get it done in time for SEMA 2009.

Here are the Samco GT500 hoses Samco GT500 Silicone Hose Kits

After review this is a complete under hood replacement set of hoses it also includes the return line for the Power Steering Reservoir, All Coolant lines, and all the Heat Exchanger lines.

First off look at all your lines and go slowly to make sure you use the correct line and end for each hose. The hoses are not marked but do fit just like the factory hose they replace. Then go underneath the radiator and drain the coolant.

Here are most of the hoses except what I call the Octopus, that is the lower hose on the GT-500.
001.jpg

If you feel the need to trim any hose I recommend a PCV pipe cutter knife like seen below. It makes a very smooth and straight cut.
015.jpg

Again inspect all your stock lines and clamp locations before getting to far into it.
002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Next begin by removing the upper over flow return line it looks like a Y and then remove the 2 coolant tanks.
005.jpg

These tanks use a 8mm socket to remove the bolts.
006.jpg

Raise the tank and then remove the clamp and hose. Be careful if you haven't drained the system then coolant is going to spill out.
008.jpg

I recommend using a ViceGrip to remove these clamps.
009.jpg

You should now have a good view of the lower hose system. There are 6 connections that make up this hose and it is all connected.
You will have 2 lines that go to the Coolant tank and the outlet on the left side. In the Middle you will see the main line going in the front of the engine. You will also have to get under the car to gain access to the hose that runs under the center of the engine and also to be able to remove the main lower hose off the radiator. There is one last connection just under the power steering reservoir.
010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

Here is the bulk of the new lower installed
013.jpg

Now just match up the rest of your uppers and replace them as you remove the old hose.
017.jpg

019.jpg

016.jpg

020.jpg

And that concludes the main coolant lines.
You will need about 2.5 gallons of pre mixed coolant to fill the system. Run the car for a few minutes and check to make sure the system has self purged any air pockets.
The remaining half gallon can be saved for the Heat exchanger. as I have upgraded my tank and HE it will take almost 2.5 gallons to fill it after the lines are replaced.
Next I will go thru the install of the Heat exchanger lines stock and then with a Afco HE. I will also do the Power Steering reservoir line at that time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread