Samsung Galaxy S6

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Imitation is the best form of flattery they say

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/ph...axy-s6-release-date-news-and-features-1232945

The wait is over. The Galaxy S6 is has been launched at MWC 2015 - and it looks really rather special. It's joined by the Galaxy S6 Edge: a curved screen variant of the phone which won't be sold in at that great a volume. Think Samsung Galaxy Note Edge to the Galaxy Note 4.

But enough about the others - how good is the new Galaxy S6? The short answer is: very good indeed.

We know why you're here though: you want to know everything there is to know about this new phone. Luckily we've been good little phone-gatherers and put all the information in one easy to read place, right here.

roadracer247

Established Member
I don't see enough innovation to get rid of my Note 4 for the S6. My Note does everything I ask of it extremely well.

hoamskilet

Established Member
I'm sure it'll be a nice phone, but my S4 still works so well that nothing has stirred me to fork up any money for a new phone

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
So these are out now, I'm looking closely at the edge but I'm still bothered by the lack of sd card support. Anyone get one yet? Thoughts? I held one yesterday but they wouldn't take it out of the huge ass security device so I couldn't really get the feel of the phone. It sure looks nice, glad Samsung finally upped their game in that department. I'm starting to hear rumors that the Z4 may not come out (and that Sony may get out of smart phones), and the Z3 is a little big for my taste. And of course, I'm always in for a better camera. The benchmarks have the Edge pretty much twice as fast as the S5. Not sure I want to fork out the bones for the 64gb version.:eek: If anyone has one, thoughts and comparison to your old phone would be greatly appreciated.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Unless somehow the 4k screen/processor/graphics processor is way more efficient, that battery is pathetic. 2550 mah?

Way2QWK

Established Member
I need a upgrade from the junk camera in the S3 I have. Current prices seem the same for S5 and S6. Not convensed the newest one is really better. I like my s3 except for the camera.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I saw it yesterday. It's built a lot like the i6. The interesting about it that with that build it loses why many people would choose it over the apple to begin with.
I've had the m7, s5, G3, and now the i6. Call clarity i6 in a landslide as many people believe I'm on a landline not on cell phone. Of the androids my favorite was the G3 it's just a great phone!

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Unless somehow the 4k screen/processor/graphics processor is way more efficient, that battery is pathetic. 2550 mah?
Yeah it is, but it lasts around 13 hours(Edge) which is probably good enough for me. Also, it has both types of inductive charging so with a couple of cheap chargers at home and work it should be easy money except in extreme situations. They should have made the back out to the camera and filled the space with battery capacity. Shame they felt they needed to make it so skinny. I need to look around on XDA.

I need a upgrade from the junk camera in the S3 I have. Current prices seem the same for S5 and S6. Not convensed the newest one is really better. I like my s3 except for the camera.
I have an S5 now, and it is a way better phone than the S3 I had. Smoother, better ui experience and the camera is considerably better. I would say, from the s3 to the s4 was a good jump but the s4 to the s5 was a marginal jump. The S6 is supposed to be a decent jump up from the S5, hopefully somebody can confirm that. lol or I will.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I saw it yesterday. It's built a lot like the i6. The interesting about it that with that build it loses why many people would choose it over the apple to begin with.
I've had the m7, s5, G3, and now the i6. Call clarity i6 in a landslide as many people believe I'm on a landline not on cell phone. Of the androids my favorite was the G3 it's just a great phone!
I've read the G3 is pretty sweet. I sometimes wonder what Samsung is thinking. I can't go to an iphone, I've been android so long getting around on my sons ipad drives me bat shit crazy. I know they're good stuff though.

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
I picked up an S6 yesterday, didnt even realize it was a brand new phone, i just needed one.

I've had an iphone of some sort for about the past 4-5 years for 1 simple reason; i knew how it worked. I liked the IOS interface, it was simple, did all i asked of it - phone, text, internet, music, i dont need much - and synced with my Mac effortlessly. That being said ... iphones dont seem to age well. My 4 started really struggling after about 1.5 years to 2 years, it became incredibly slow, didnt hold charge, it may have just been showing its age. I replaced that phone with a 5c that i had to have replaced 3 times: First time the phone just would restart randomly ... more just annoying than anything, but they replaced it since i was under warranty. Second time in a year i had to have it replaced because it would randomly turn off and not turn back on. Then, just last week my touch screen stopped working altogether and i decided i was done.

My phones are always in cases, and really are just either in my pocket or on my desk, i didnt understand why these phones kept having problems, so i decided to make the switch to a samsung after talking to a few friends who have one. I literally just went into the verizon store, played around with this one a little and liked how it worked, i;ve really never messed with the android operating system and i was pretty much able to pick it right up and go with it. So far i'm very happy with it, but after only a day i'd be really hard pressed to have a reason not to be.

While i dont care about a super huge phone, the screen on this one really is amazing, leaps and bounds above my old iphone. The camera is pretty good too, but like i said, i really just wanted a phone, the camera is bonus. So far so good, i think i'll really like this phone, and my fiance is debating the switch to the darkside after her current iphone as well.

SHOdown220

Established Member
bought one on friday, verizon sent me a text saying I could upgrade a year early so I did. Traded my note 3 in that I paid $100 for and put it towards an ipad mini 3 for the woman. The ipad was $200 off so I ended up getting if for like 80 bucks. Back to the phone, seems pretty nice so far I didn't really need anything new but I like the offer they gave me. Battery seems decent and charges really fast. Exactly 10 minutes on the charger with a few programs running in the background took me from 37% to 56% battery.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I went ahead and got the Edge. I did enough reading on XDA to take a chance on the battery life. I've got 14 days to return it anyway if the battery life sucks real bad. It charges inductively with an old pad I have, no need to buy the $50 Samsung version that I can tell. It's very snappy, and skinny compared to the S5. Screen is very sweet, I'm going to play with the camera later and see what I think about that.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I presently have an iPhone 6 (am pretty happy with it), but the new S6 has my attention and when I am available for an upgrade I just might own my first Samsung product.

SHOdown220, any idea how/why you got the upgrade-early text? I'm very interested. ;-)

2000gt4.6

Established Member
bought one on friday, verizon sent me a text saying I could upgrade a year early so I did. Traded my note 3 in that I paid $100 for and put it towards an ipad mini 3 for the woman. The ipad was $200 off so I ended up getting if for like 80 bucks. Back to the phone, seems pretty nice so far I didn't really need anything new but I like the offer they gave me. Battery seems decent and charges really fast. Exactly 10 minutes on the charger with a few programs running in the background took me from 37% to 56% battery.

Verizon not only let you upgrade early but encouraged you to do so? Go buy a lottery ticket.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
So far, in my experience, the finger print scanner is not as good as all the reviews are saying. I might make some adjustments and see if I can get better results. lol initially I was a little disappointed with the camera, but then saw a thread on XDA about removing the unnoticeable plastic film from the lens. lol what a dumb ass.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I presently have an iPhone 6 (am pretty happy with it), but the new S6 has my attention and when I am available for an upgrade I just might own my first Samsung product.

SHOdown220, any idea how/why you got the upgrade-early text? I'm very interested. ;-)

I purchased my first samsung last summer the brand new s5. Bloatware, chrome chipping off in the first week carrying it my pocket with my cash(my keys and knife in my other pocket), mic never worked and samsung would not fix it. Told me to reboot and use their software to backup my phone. software did not work, lost text messages, a few contacts, and the mic still did not work. I had to make all my phone calls on speaker from the second mic just so people could hear me. Samsung never did fix it and I bit the bullet paying the etf and switched to verizon and the g3 which is a great phone! I wont be going back to samsung.

Last edited:

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
My wife has occasional issues with her S5 not sending texts, volume problems and touch screen stops responding.

I've had a Samsung Blackjack, S3, S4 and now a Note 3 with zero issues, ever.

Users who are viewing this thread