Samsung Plasma?

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
We have a 50 some inch samsung plasma not sure of the model number. It is barely a year old. If you pause a movie or game for more than 10 or so seconds it retains that image in a ghost like form for the next minute or so after resuming play. Anything we can do to keep this from happening besides not pausing? Or are we hosed and need is a new one soon?

Sinister? Screech? Any wisdom?

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
All Plasmas have some kind of image retention. Its perfectly normal. Dont get image retention and image burn mixed up. retention goes away after a few minutes and burn is permanent. Image burn is a thing of the past nowadays though. you'd have to leave it on a paused screen for days to burn the screen.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Is there anyway to get it to stop it is super annoying. Having to stare at a ghosted red netflicks logo while trying to watch a movie?

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I have two LG Plasma's here at work and they do the same thing, although not nearly as bad as what you're seeing. I'd have to keep a pretty bright image up on the screen for a good 10 minutes and then there is only very minor ghosting for about 60 seconds.

It just might be the Samsung TV. Samsung is some of the lowest quality junk out there, so who knows what kind of plasma displays they use.

oldmodman

Established Member
Can't give you an answer about your set.

But the Panasonic I bought at Christmas, a 65" does not seem to do that. I just went out into the living room and paused a really bright scene and left it paused for five minutes. If it did "ghost" my old eyeballs didn't see it.

LUBaseball2

Established Member
I have an insignia 50 inch about a year old... it ghosts every once in a while but now it has some red fuzzy stuff on the right every once in a while

Hydroshocked

Established Member
Go to your "picture options" and check if you have a "screen burn protection" option use the side scrolling to remove retention at least that's what my t.v. has.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have two Samsung plasma TVs (love them) and don't have a ghosting issue. Yours seems a bit extreme so I'd definitely call Samsung about it.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Is there anyway to get it to stop it is super annoying. Having to stare at a ghosted red netflicks logo while trying to watch a movie?

It shouldnt be THAT bad at all, you should only be able to notice it on a solid white or black screen and once it changes again to a picture it should be gone.

is it only red doing it? or are all colors doing it?

Get an LCD or LED.

so he can have worse picture quality and have it burn in too?

Emerson-McDonalds_CNN_Burn-In.jpg

Call Samsung....that shouldn't happen in that short of time

the image retention can happen in that short of time, but "trying to watch with a red netflix logo on the screen" shouldnt, it should go away once the screen is refreshed.

Go to your "picture options" and check if you have a "screen burn protection" option use the side scrolling to remove retention at least that's what my t.v. has.

good call.

Jefe

Established Member
50 or 51"? Their new lineup received some updated technology that supposedly eliminated a lot of the burn in problems. Check the settings like mentioned above. Ive had a 51" Samsung Plasma for almost a year. No problems whatsoever

Users who are viewing this thread