Sasquatch loaner...

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I wasnt even on the fence, wrote the Bronco completely off once I saw the sport. Pictures dont do it justice, they look so much better in person. Also I believe the 2.7EB is the big motor for these.

Hows the power of the 2.7 with the 4.7 gears?

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Hows the power of the 2.7 with the 4.7 gears?
Its surprisingly quick off the line but peters out fast. It will get you to residential speed limits fast enough but Im curious how it will fare at highway speeds. Will find out tomorrow after dropping off the kiddo. Pretty sure this is just a tune away from bonkers all the way around just like the other EB engines. Even stock it exhibits a fair amount of torque steer in 4A Sport, that caught me off guard.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Its surprisingly quick off the line but peters out fast. It will get you to residential speed limits fast enough but Im curious how it will fare at highway speeds. Will find out tomorrow after dropping off the kiddo. Pretty sure this is just a tune away from bonkers all the way around just like the other EB engines. Even stock it exhibits a fair amount of torque steer in 4A Sport, that caught me off guard.

Say what you while about Ford EB but with a tune I agree you pick up a lot especially if you can go with an E blend. Truck catches me off gaurd sometimes how quick it is at med speeds (makes me laugh at times). Not sure if it is torque steer but I feel you, don't get it in 4HI but 4A waits a little too long to kick in and gives you weird handling in my experience with 4A Ford vehicles.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Well the dealer came to pick up the Raptor to re-program something and gave me a Bigbend Sasquatch as a loaner. To say I was surprised is an understatement, I was expecting another Escape. Threw in the kiddo's car seat (had to load it through the hatch, wouldn't fit through the door lol) and took my neighbor for a run around the block. Aside from the 2 doors being a little small for the rear passengers and the center console safe making the lighter port inaccessible I cant find anything to complain about yet. I wouldn't say the 2.7EB rips when you stomp the giggle pedal but it definitely gets up and goes. After seeing the Bronco Sport in person I lost all interest in this model before today, looks 1000% better in person and am officially a fan now. If anyone has any questions or wants some pics now is the time to ask, I have it for probably only one day.

View attachment 1713006
View attachment 1713007

View attachment 1713008

View attachment 1713009
View attachment 1713010
View attachment 1713011

View attachment 1713012

View attachment 1713013

View attachment 1713014

View attachment 1713015
Great loaner!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're a lucky man! That is a primo loaner, for sure. Pretty cool to drive it for a day, but it would be awesome if I got such a loaner for, say, a week.
upload_2021-7-21_21-47-27.png

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Had a rental 4dr wrangler (lower trim, unsure which) with the 2.0 turbo and 8spd, and this rides much better. Could just be tire related but the wrangler felt much choppier than my 40 minutes of drive time in the Bronco. Seems to have fewer buzzes and rattles than the wrangler as well but its only a few hundred miles old.

The Bronco's front suspension/steering design is about 9 million times better on road than a Wrangler.

Just imagine it with a E85 tune making 430HP and 500 Ft/lb.

A tuned 2.7 is nasty. Lots of mods out there for them already as well.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Well after a day of driving the Bronco I must say I am impressed. Funny thing is that I have been considering selling my Raptor for a profit due to the used market being what it is currently and was considering a Wrangler 392, Durango SRT or a Durango HC (missed my window to order at MSRP so doubtful). Im not saying that the Bronco has bumped any of those cars from my list but it has definitely made me consider the 4 door Bronco once I get to see one in person. Plus the kiddo absolutely loved the Bronco and was begging me to take the top off lol.

I think my only reservation about getting a 4 door Bronco is that it would feel like a downgrade from my current 2019 Raptor. That may be how I feel about the Jeep and Durango when I finally get around to looking at/driving them as well, just not sure since I like my Raptor so much. I would say the only thing I really had against the Bronco was I felt crampt while driving it but coming from a full size truck that is to be expected, hopefully the 4 door version will help with that. *EDIT* Also was annoyed that in order to get the roof off you would have to remove the roof rails and rack, IMHO dont waste your money on those.

Over all I really am impressed with how it drove, it handled chopped up concrete roads and snowbelt potholes noticeably smoother than my Raptor. If you are on the fence about these just go check one out and I doubt you will be disappointed.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Well after a day of driving the Bronco I must say I am impressed. Funny thing is that I have been considering selling my Raptor for a profit due to the used market being what it is currently and was considering a Wrangler 392, Durango SRT or a Durango HC (missed my window to order at MSRP so doubtful). Im not saying that the Bronco has bumped any of those cars from my list but it has definitely made me consider the 4 door Bronco once I get to see one in person. Plus the kiddo absolutely loved the Bronco and was begging me to take the top off lol.

I think my only reservation about getting a 4 door Bronco is that it would feel like a downgrade from my current 2019 Raptor. That may be how I feel about the Jeep and Durango when I finally get around to looking at/driving them as well, just not sure since I like my Raptor so much. I would say the only thing I really had against the Bronco was I felt crampt while driving it but coming from a full size truck that is to be expected, hopefully the 4 door version will help with that. *EDIT* Also was annoyed that in order to get the roof off you would have to remove the roof rails and rack, IMHO dont waste your money on those.

Over all I really am impressed with how it drove, it handled chopped up concrete roads and snowbelt potholes noticeably smoother than my Raptor. If you are on the fence about these just go check one out and I doubt you will be disappointed.
Top Doors off is the best!

Bronco is a sweet piece. Rubicon is still king.
Says who? The has been seen climbing pretty impressive rocks. We still do not have a good head to head at their limits yet.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It sucks to see all these non priority builds from reservations august sept oct Jan feb go first. Especially when Ford said time stamp time stamp time stamp.

Yep.

But also, the guys/gals that reserved early, primarily are ordering high end, high optioned vehicles....and more modules = more chips....which are non existent. lol

WVTrakPak

Established Member
I ordered the 2.3 because I want the manual. I hope my dealer gets a manual 2.3 so I can try it. One is available tomorrow I hear.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Another apple vs orange observation now that I have my Raptor back, not sure if its the same 10spd trans but the Bronco shift logic is way better. Sport mode didnt hold onto gears forever and wasnt harsh at all when shifting.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I ordered the 2.3 because I want the manual. I hope my dealer gets a manual 2.3 so I can try it. One is available tomorrow I hear.
The local dealer has one. Won’t let anyone drive it as it is only courtesy vehicle, loaner via service department. They stated they could sell it at 2.5k miles or 6 months whatever is sooner.

I have a Badlands 7sp 2dr on order….

Users who are viewing this thread