Sasquatch loaner...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The local dealer has one. Won’t let anyone drive it as it is only courtesy vehicle, loaner via service department. They stated they could sell it at 2.5k miles or 6 months whatever is sooner.

I have a Badlands 7sp 2dr on order….

upload_2021-7-22_17-52-34.png

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
@13COBRA So does it have to do 6 months AND a minimum mileage?

Can you just park it at the front of the lot and say "yeah it's a loaner" and never loan it out?

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Another apple vs orange observation now that I have my Raptor back, not sure if its the same 10spd trans but the Bronco shift logic is way better. Sport mode didnt hold onto gears forever and wasnt harsh at all when shifting.

That's good to hear, because most 10R80 tuning on new Fords has been garbage.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA So does it have to do 6 months AND a minimum mileage?

Can you just park it at the front of the lot and say "yeah it's a loaner" and never loan it out?

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

No minumum or maximum mileage. 6 months to 8 months.

My dealer said it was 6mos or 4k miles, whichever happened first.

On previous loaners, he's correct. On Broncos, he's wrong.

From what’s posted it’s 6-8 months. No mention of mileage.
Boogie man brings up a good point, could dealers never lend it out or simply use the Bronco as demo cars for their top salesmen?

Won't allow it. The miles have to be accounted for on Loaner Service Agreements that coincide with service ROs.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
That's good to hear, because most 10R80 tuning on new Fords has been garbage.

One thing I missed that I wish I looked out for is the skip shifting. From a stoplight turning in my Raptor in "Normal" it will go 1-3-5 during the turn and stay in 5 when I am trying to accelerate out. Very annoying to say the least. If "Sport" wouldnt hold the gear so dam long when I reach my desired speed it would be pretty much perfect aside from the occasional jerk when it shifts. Currently use "Tow" mode most of the time since it hits each gear in order, only gripe against it is that the turbos seem not to spool up as quick.

Looking back the Bronco trans tuning was really excellent, curious what you end up with when you get the trans tuned on a Raptor. The way the trans acts is probably the biggest gripe I have against my Raptor currently.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
One thing I missed that I wish I looked out for is the skip shifting. From a stoplight turning in my Raptor in "Normal" it will go 1-3-5 during the turn and stay in 5 when I am trying to accelerate out. Very annoying to say the least. If "Sport" wouldnt hold the gear so dam long when I reach my desired speed it would be pretty much perfect aside from the occasional jerk when it shifts. Currently use "Tow" mode most of the time since it hits each gear in order, only gripe against it is that the turbos seem not to spool up as quick.

Looking back the Bronco trans tuning was really excellent, curious what you end up with when you get the trans tuned on a Raptor. The way the trans acts is probably the biggest gripe I have against my Raptor currently.

That's why I say basically every new Ford needs a tune.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
FWIW at work and didn't get to hear the audio:
No mention of the gearing and or weight.

I think that's the 2.3 though I'd imagine the 2.7 is a whole different ballgame. Still.... not a good look considering the power delta.
Bronco is bigger and heavier. Was that the 4.7 geared SAS? What was the gearing on the Jeep?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
No mention of the gearing and or weight.

Bronco is bigger and heavier. Was that the 4.7 geared SAS? What was the gearing on the Jeep?
No idea just popped up in my news feed cause this thread and Google.

Users who are viewing this thread