Savannah

VMC

Established Member
A group of us from Brunswick are driving up to Darien this Saturday the 21st to join the Classic Coastal Cruisers for their annual low country boil at the Darien Outlet Mall. It starts around 4:30pm in the back of the mall parking lot. It will be a good time, lots of nice cars. Not sure what else is going on in Savannah on Saturday, but this event would definitely be worth the drive down I-95. If you google it, you'll find their page and more details.

Any SMC members on here?? I posted this up on your message board too.

Jefe

Established Member
Heading to Richmond Hill tomorrow to see family. Anything going on this weekend?

Brother in law wants to get the blown motor out of their GT500 too. Should be fun!

ponyboy96

Established Member
Sorry man, it happens every sat night at the old piggly wiggly between Richmond hill and savannah.

That's not Richmond Hill BTW. That would be Georgetown. It's off 204 before you get to the bypass.

Glad to see there's still a big car scene in Sav. I haven't lived there is about 8 years, but it was a good group back then.

crazycarlo

Established Member
That's why I said it was between RH and Savannah. But yes I guess I should have specified Grorgetown. It's hit or miss. Some nights there are nothing but imports and other nights I've been out there when there have been 100 cars all diff kinds.

TVSCobra

Established Member
Dietcoke I think you may have raced a friend of mine. Fox body Mustang with an Lsx?

Last edited:

DietCoke

Slow Turtle
Established Member
Dietcoke I think you may have raced a friend of mine. Fox body Mustang with an Lsx?

The teal car with a glide and a borg warner 75mm? Yep. We did a faildig, but he had more traction and more go. Didnt work out so well. Hard to compete with FI and give up 500 pounds.

He'd have pulled me from a roll, too, so it doesn't matter much. Cool car for sure.

Last edited:

scott5

Established Member
Where is a good place to live near Savannah? I am in process with getting a job with Gulfstream and would need to be relocating down there from south western PA. I have been on craigslist looking for places to rent, but no add will say dont live here because of high crime or crappy area and so forth..

So any certain places to stay away from? From talking to the "recruiter" he was saying Pooler? is a good place to look for a place in.

Any help would greatly be appreciated

crazycarlo

Established Member
Pooler is a good place to live man. Newer construction mostly and you get a lot for your money. Plus it's growing there are a few movie theaters out there (IMAX) chain stores and such. You are 10 minutes from sav. I live in Rincon which is right down the road from Gulfstream its a smaller town but it's not bad either. Savannah isn't bad but it's mostly older houses. Stay away from midtown or downtown unless you have a lot of money to live in the nicer places Dow there.

scott5

Established Member
Any places i should not look as far as being a bad area? My gf found 2 places she liles in garden city.. Also any other recommendations? If it goes through amd i get the job we will basically have one weekend to see as many places we can and choose one. Due to distance and time

autoxstang

Coyote Lover
Established Member
Any places i should not look as far as being a bad area? My gf found 2 places she liles in garden city.. Also any other recommendations? If it goes through amd i get the job we will basically have one weekend to see as many places we can and choose one. Due to distance and time

I'd stay away from Garden City if you can. Pooler, Richmond Hill, and Rincon is where I would try to concentrate my search. Give me some names of places that you are looking at a price range and I'll see what I can dig up.

maple

Established Member
I, too, work for Gulfstream. I'm a hydraulic mechanic on the G450. I also live in Pooler. Many brand new subdivisions going in all over the city. Message if you need any help!

Users who are viewing this thread