Savannah

A Suede Futon

Established Member
Last Saturday was my second time going. Much better turnout than the first time I was there. A friend of mine made a video of a few runs. I'll post it but I forgot how to embed the vid player.
SGGR vs SCC - YouTube
I wonder what happened at the end of the video..

DietCoke

Slow Turtle
Established Member
Last Saturday was my second time going. Much better turnout than the first time I was there. A friend of mine made a video of a few runs. I'll post it but I forgot how to embed the vid player.
SGGR vs SCC - YouTube
I wonder what happened at the end of the video..

Left rear brake drum adjusted bad, locked up at 100+mph causing truck to fishtail. Rolled twice... driver is fine though

547427_4699534287030_926578574_n.jpg

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Moving to Savannah, not soon enough, but will be bringing 2 Cobras with us hopefully this will add to the population a little bit:beer:

crazycarlo

Established Member
Awesome man. There are a few down here. My friend has a SY one. By the look of your sig youd prob be evenly matched. Take it easy and be safe and the trip. Let us know when you finally get here. If your on FB there is a ground called "Savannah Car Crew" alof of the cars from savannah are in that group.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome man. There are a few down here. My friend has a SY one. By the look of your sig youd prob be evenly matched. Take it easy and be safe and the trip. Let us know when you finally get here. If your on FB there is a ground called "Savannah Car Crew" alof of the cars from savannah are in that group.

Sounds good, wife should be out there maybe in the next 60 days with her car,and stuff. Gotta go through all the shinanigans of finding a place to live etc. I'll be in touch

Last edited:

crazycarlo

Established Member
Nice man, Stationed at Hunter Im guessing. Look into living in pooler. Its a much nicer area then Savannah and still easily accessible except for the rush hour traffic. Not that Savannah is horrible it just gets old living in the city.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice man, Stationed at Hunter Im guessing. Look into living in pooler. Its a much nicer area then Savannah and still easily accessible except for the rush hour traffic. Not that Savannah is horrible it just gets old living in the city.

Retiring after 21 years.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Ah I hear ya nice. My dad retired at Ft. Polk after being a Ranger then later a warrant and flying 60's. Well like I mentioned you might want to look into the pooler/Richmond Hill area. There isnt alot of newer construction in savannah. There is only 2 ways into the city so traffic can suck sometimes. Pooler is really coming along. New construction, plenty of retail stores including the big named ones walmart/lowes/sams and so on. 2 new big movie theaters and its only a 10 minute drive to savannah right down I-95.

jshen

Established Member
Thought I'd chime in as well. I would not consider living in Savannah proper-with the exception of Wilmington Island, Dutch Island or Skidaway. Other than those areas- Pooler is good but growing fast- and traffic can be a bear at times. Richmond Hill is nice area to live- my friends find they have a lot of driving. Throw out any winter coats you have as you will never need them...

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks folks. Ya lookin at Pooler and Richmond Hills. We will start with the usual house rental and than go from there. We intend to stay in the area an extended period of time with the intent to buy another house eventually. Coming form SoCal we haven't had winter jackets for awhile now.

I'm probubly going to be knocking out some more college in Savannah and see what sort of jobs I can maybe find. I'm not looking to get rich, just something to keep me busy.

do they not do emmisions testing? And I googled E85 stations, does it really exsist down there?

Last edited:

crazycarlo

Established Member
Yeah Richmond Hill is nice. Traffic can still be bad from there as there is really only one way into sav from there without getting on the hwy. wilmington island is good as well but houses are $$ and they are not new construction most are older houses. Its close to the beach though if you like that.

We have a few college options here in Sav. There is NO emissions testing here and there are very few E-85 stations. I can think of only 2 in Savannah that caries it.

Zacharyx

Established Member
I only know of 2 e85 stations currently, one down in Hinesville and one at the on 204 at I95.

DietCoke

Slow Turtle
Established Member
There is one at the intersection of Eisenhower and waters I think. Or atleast thats what Ive been told.

No longer carrys E85.

There are only two local stations, Clydes in Hinesville and the new Quik Stop on 204/I95.

I get almost all my e85 from the Quik Stop now that its open, since its generally $2.99/gal and only 5 minutes from Richmond hill.

No emissions in GA outside of the ATL metro area

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
No longer carrys E85.

There are only two local stations, Clydes in Hinesville and the new Quik Stop on 204/I95.

I get almost all my e85 from the Quik Stop now that its open, since its generally $2.99/gal and only 5 minutes from Richmond hill.

No emissions in GA outside of the ATL metro area

This is awesome! I'll have to switch out pumps,fuel hat and the fuel lines and I'll be good to go.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread