Saving a 1972 Pantera

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Finally making headway. Just dropped off the completed engine to get it installed. We gt ad to go .60 on the bore. It now has comp cam roller cam. Howard’s roller bar lifters. Edelbroc performer rpm heads. Topped with 1.73 roller rockers. Using the existing edelbroc torker intake, but adding fitech efi kit. The list is long on the other stuff that needs to be done. Brakes and brake lines. Complete cooling system. Electrical and a/c. But there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Image1638050529.146608.jpg
Image1638050539.151793.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
Finally making headway. Just dropped off the completed engine to get it installed. We gt ad to go .60 on the bore. It now has comp cam roller cam. Howard’s roller bar lifters. Edelbroc performer rpm heads. Topped with 1.73 roller rockers. Using the existing edelbroc torker intake, but adding fitech efi kit. The list is long on the other stuff that needs to be done. Brakes and brake lines. Complete cooling system. Electrical and a/c. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. View attachment 1729171View attachment 1729172

Going to end up doing this to my Cleveland soon. Right on Man! Keep going, looking great!

72SBC

Established Member
Panteras are badass. I’m glad you saved it. Paint it a cool color like a dark purple or something like that and get some Monza exhaust tips lol.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Finally making headway. Just dropped off the completed engine to get it installed. We gt ad to go .60 on the bore. It now has comp cam roller cam. Howard’s roller bar lifters. Edelbroc performer rpm heads. Topped with 1.73 roller rockers. Using the existing edelbroc torker intake, but adding fitech efi kit. The list is long on the other stuff that needs to be done. Brakes and brake lines. Complete cooling system. Electrical and a/c. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. View attachment 1729171View attachment 1729172

Engine looking good

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
That will be a nice hp upgrade from previous. I was wondering what happened to the car but you are still at it. That’s great to see

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

rborden

Established Member
Love me a Pantera. I had a former co-worker who had one about 20 years ago. It was black, 408 stroker and had a pro charger on it. Very mean car.

Good luck with your build. Take your time, do it right, don’t cut corners and be patient. It will pay off. Can’t wait to see the finished results.

Users who are viewing this thread