Saving Stock Tune From SCT Xcal 2

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
I have a SCT Xcal 2 SF (model 9415) that is in the STAT=Stock status, this flash device has my stock tune in it and I want to pull it out and save the stock tune in my PC. I went to the SCT Web site and followed these instruction, How to Save a Copy of Stock File. - SCT SupportSuite

So I downloaded Livelink and uploaded the drivers but for the life of me I cannot locate the XC2Dump Program, where is it? Does the Xcal 2 have to be plugged into the car to get the stock tune out of it?

BTW, I tried asking SCT's Live Support the above questions but they never answer my requests to live chat :shrug:

TiIA for any advice.

Last edited:

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
If you download the SCT device updater software from their site there is a button within it to download your stock tune off of your handheld. however, I am not certain what format it comes in or if you can open it to actually view anything. If your just trying to backup your file in event of device failure this option will work for you.

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
I finally live chatted with SCT and they said with the Xcal 2 the stock file cannot be downloaded, saved/backed-up on a computer, the stock file cannot be extracted from the Xcal 2 flasher, EVEN THOUGH their our Web site provides instruction using LiveLink to do just that (see link above)...

When I pointed this out to them, even cut and pasted their instructions to the tech support guy I chatted with, he said those instruction were for a different flasher...

My last IM to the guy I suggested that they update their Web site, an automated reply came back stating he went to lunch...Yeah, SCT is out to lunch all right...

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
ask for Whyatt on their tech support team..... i recently had issues with my handheld and he took care of me better than anyone else at support ever has

Users who are viewing this thread