Saw a truck load full of Ford Fiesta's today

aaandht

Established Member
They all had stickers for the Fiesta Movement on them (Link for Fiesta Movement ). Those cars look pretty sweet for a DD. Can't wait for the reviews to start coming in. Hell I may be lookin for one when I'm done with college.

Anyone know if the are bringing the Diesel engine over when it comes to US shores?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The European stuff has been out there for a while now. I wouldn't count on seeing a diesel anytime soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if they through the Ecoboost 4 cylinder on it. Id imagine it would have to be a performance model or detuned cause it puts down some good number. Either way it's going to get good fuel economy.

Top Gear already did a great review of this car and Clarkson loved everything about it. It should fo really well here.

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
The European stuff has been out there for a while now. I wouldn't count on seeing a diesel anytime soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if they through the Ecoboost 4 cylinder on it. Id imagine it would have to be a performance model or detuned cause it puts down some good number. Either way it's going to get good fuel economy.

Top Gear already did a great review of this car and Clarkson loved everything about it. It should fo really well here.

I would... I work for Ford and know they are pressing diesels hard in lots of applications.

i think we all knew this :dw:
really.. tell me what else you know about what Ford will be doing, since apparently I am out of the loop

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Ford has really improved the looks of their smaller cars in the last few years and the Fiesta's should do well:beer:

snake134

I would... I work for Ford and know they are pressing diesels hard in lots of applications.

really.. tell me what else you know about what Ford will be doing, since apparently I am out of the loop

i thought it was apparent ford was bringing over more european style cars. read articles about it and heard it on these forums as well :shrug:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
They all had stickers for the Fiesta Movement on them (Link for Fiesta Movement ). Those cars look pretty sweet for a DD. Can't wait for the reviews to start coming in. Hell I may be lookin for one when I'm done with college.

Anyone know if the are bringing the Diesel engine over when it comes to US shores?
dont count on a diesel. ford has already said that the US cost for a diesel fiesta would be ~$25k because of the bullshit US emissions regs. keep in mind that this is smaller than a focus, no one is anyone paying $25k for this thing.
Ford will be bringing alot of European infulence here in the next few years, keep an eye on it.. I got this from a good source... And it should all be for the better!
what, ford press releases? they've already announced many euro products that will be making their way over here. there will be around 10 to 12 euro cars that will be sold in the US within the next 3 years, many of them replacing current US products but keeping their name. the kuga will be the base for the new escape, we're getting the genIII focus, the mondeo and fusion platforms will be merged, the transit connect will be out by this summer i believe, and of course we're getting the fiesta(also released this summer i believe).

word is that mulally is pushing to get the ka over here too, those things are just cool!

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
im not really a fan of the looks of that car, but glad ford is bringing more euro design cars over to the states

Users who are viewing this thread