Saw something today that made me say WTF

RSH427R

Established Member
A vista blue GT 500 with someone pulled over in Indianapolis. They have GT's where I live, but a GT 500 made we nearly crash my truck. Too bad I was on the highway and couldn't get a photo. :thumbsup:

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Ohh cool

The have unmarked camaros that do that shit too in my area..

Lol I even remember they used hooked up hondas back in the fast and the furious days lol

BigDan

Established Member
It was probably just sitting in their impound yard and instead of crushing it the are now using it to make more revenue. Ive heard of a certain blacked out GT500 cruiser that goes out trying to entice a race, and they proceed to pull you over and issue a street racing citation and possibly take your car for the keeping as well. Cool huh?

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
It was probably just sitting in their impound yard and instead of crushing it the are now using it to make more revenue. Ive heard of a certain blacked out GT500 cruiser that goes out trying to entice a race, and they proceed to pull you over and issue a street racing citation and possibly take your car for the keeping as well. Cool huh?

That's me, how'd you know?

Railroad12

Established Member
Ohh cool

The have unmarked camaros that do that shit too in my area..

Lol I even remember they used hooked up hondas back in the fast and the furious days lol

Went back to Fla. for my dad's funeral in the mid 90s, and saw a full tricked
out FHP Camaro out on US1, painted the ole familiar black & tan. I had a 84 at one time and it was the same body style as that.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
May have been a drug seizure vehicle too that is now pulling police duty.

Blacksmoke

Established Member

That sounds sooo close to entrapment lol

en·trap·ment
   [en-trap-muhnt] Show IPA
noun
the luring by a law-enforcement agent of a person into committing a crime.

RSH427R

Established Member

That could be. The State Police actually purchased brand new GT's back in 07. I'm not sure if this was a Trooper or city guy. Pretty cool to see all the lights going crazy on a GT 500.

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
That sounds sooo close to entrapment lol

en·trap·ment
   [en-trap-muhnt] Show IPA
noun
the luring by a law-enforcement agent of a person into committing a crime.

+1

And how do you think they 'entice" you to race them? My guess is Murphy The Crime Dog is breaking the law to bait you into racing him; when was the last time you tried to race another car that was cruzing at the limit and observing all traffic laws?

drepka

Established Member
presenting the mere opprotunity does not constitute entrapment. Its already been ruled on by the supreme court :)

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
presenting the mere opprotunity does not constitute entrapment. Its already been ruled on by the supreme court :)

Yah, I was thinking it would be different if the driver said "I will race you for $1000" at the next light.

Also, I get lots of people trying to race me when I am just driving along, typically in cars that have no business trying to get into a race with a gt500, even just a stock one.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Went back to Fla. for my dad's funeral in the mid 90s, and saw a full tricked
out FHP Camaro out on US1, painted the ole familiar black & tan. I had a 84 at one time and it was the same body style as that.

They even continued doing it in the early 2000's

45860d1248451148-sheriffs-vette-catches-speeders-fhp_2002_b4c_camaro1.jpg

fla108.jpg

The four eyed foxes were popular back in those days as well.

Mustang.jpg

While google searching, I found something about FHP that made me chuckle...

Mazda.jpg

Yes, that is a service Mazda Miata. WTH!!!! Picture was taken directly from the FHP website under "service vehicles".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread